Biggs: "It's hard to find rosy scenarios for Bears"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 26, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,765ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    The poor Angelo drafts broke our back. It's going to take awhile to recover from Jerry's poor drafts.

#1 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    588ß
    Very good piece by Brad A+. Essentially Bears need a lot of luck to get anywhere this season and next year is a rebuild for the D. Not real rocket science stuff just the hard cold facts ma'am.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    SPOT ON. I have faith in Emery, but GOD HELP US if he fails to locate a bevy of defensive playmakers in the next 2 drafts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    202ß
    Just like BMG says, it is going to take the next two years in order to rebuild the D, and that is assuming Emery and Co. hit on a majority of their draft picks. Fortunately it seems we have quite a few good young playmakers on the O, so focus can be on the D going forward. I think the biggest question is what happens with Cutler, as that will make a big determination at the top of the draft.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,729ß
    10 players from 06-11....that's less then 2 guys a year...and that doesn't mean they are all starting/significantly contributing in a good way....that's beyond pathetic, and of those Forte and Earl Bennett might well be the most prolific(Offense), so now you have 8, possible, D players in that time frame that's just pathetic.

But this is why I keep saying that it's hard to put ALL this on Tucker, ya he's part of it, but it's impossible to know how much b/c the D is just to lacking in talent, to old, to injured and there is no "next man up" b/c there is no depth b/c of failed draft after failed draft mostly b/c of Angelo, but Emery's first pick is failing also(misused or not he's still not contributing in a positive way).

The D needs a complete overhaul, it needed it last year, and Emery started it, but his patchwork failed b/c of inj and age. He'll have to complete it next off-season and we as fans have to hope he does a better job of it. But at this point, going 3-4, 4-3 is the least of the teams concerns, they just need to get one and go with it b/c chances are 1 year won't be enough to fix this issue anyways. And this is w/out talking about the lack of depth that is still a general issue everywhere.

6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,765ß
    I think most of us (me included) underestimated how badly the team had atrophied during the Angelo/Lovie years. We were pointing to the "10 win season" and saying stupid stuff, like we should at least have 10 wins this first year of the rebuilding effort. Yet it was a "house of cards" talent wise. And those ten wins came against some really weak teams. The good teams embarrassed us.

If you can't evaluate player talent in the NFL, you're screwed. Period. And Jerry/Lovie had too many misses & brought in a lot of mediocre talent too. And one last rant. How on earth could we draft a small army of safeties, and still have safety problems? It was "beyond inept" to miss on that many players, just at that one position. I'll be honest. It makes me angry.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    And to think that drafting "D" was a supposed strength of Lovie & J.A.
    EPIC FAIL !
    Emery & Trestman certainly have their work cut out for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    400ß
    We need Emery to do for the defense what he did on offense this last draft season. He can't ignore the offense because we still need a center. Garza could be Peppers next year even though he looks respectable right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,765ß
    Any of our old players could "hit the wall" and "pull a Peppers" next year. Peanut, Briggs, or any of our really old players. Briggs will be Pep's age next year (34). Peanut will be in his 12th season as a cornerback. It ain't rocket science to realize the old guys can drop off the cliff at any time. So, we not only have to upgrade a pretty crappy talent situation, but we also have old-age issues on top of that.

Do we still have all 7 of our draft picks for next year, or did we deal any of them away? And it seems like about 1/3 of our team are playing on 1-year contracts, and Cutler will probably eat up a ton of cap, and even if we cut Peppers, we still take a huge cap hit there. Armageddon :)

10. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    ^ Great Post, With that being said I too under estimated how badly Lovie and Jerry drove us into the ground. We have no talent what so ever!

We dealt a 7th ronud pick for Rosario but we did get a 6th round pick back in the Carimi deal.

• Useful Useful x 1