Biggsy's 10 Thoughts on Bears win over Jags

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Aug 15, 2014.

1. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    I'm just quoting what Trestman said according to ESPN's Jeff dickerson.

"It was a very difficult night because the headsets went down," Trestman said. "So there were three-to-five plays where it just became confusion, and [Clausen] really didn't get us into the best plays. He was trying to make something good out of a bad situation and there wasn't any way I could help him. That group, I would say up to a half dozen plays when Jimmy was in there, it was very difficult to evaluate. I'll see more when we look at the tape. You never want to throw a pick, but that was a play where he didn't get the play as well. So to make that a part of the evaluation, I know that's where we're going as we compare Jordan and Jimmy.
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  2. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    Brian Griese would say yes, but later be forced to retract that statement and give false credit to Ron Turner.
  3. weneedmorelinemen

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    And I'm just saying that's not a good reason to throw a pick. Headsets fail during games all the time. They should be a luxury, not a crutch.
  4. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    Headsets are a tool in the arsenal. Teams rely on them to relay the proper plays from the H.C./O.C. When they lose that tool bad thgings can happen. At no point did I say it was a GOOD reason. Just simply stating a fact. Remember that MOST QB's do NOT call their own plays.
  5. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß

The ball was tipped or it most likely would have been a catch. The DB had to really go up for it and just barely got his fingertips on it enough for it to fall short of Morgan. He might have chosen a different target since Morgan was kind of surrounded but it's not like he threw the ball right into the DBs arm. IMHO it was far more a bad break than a bad play.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,894 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,219ß
    Any credit to Ron Turner would be false.
  7. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +829 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    876ß
    Everyone knows it was Tice.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,894 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,219ß
    He is sneaky...
    • Like Like x 1
  9. weneedmorelinemen

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    Maybe I should not have put the word "good" in there. The loss of headset communications is not a reason to throw a pick. And a QB should be prepared to not have working headsets. If the headset isn't working, the coach should still be able to signal from the sidelines what should be called.

Clausen threw a pick because, like soul said, the defender made a play on the ball. There are plenty of reasons a pick can be thrown. I just don't see poor headset communications as one of them.
  10. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    Look, I never said it was the only reason. I said, as did the HEAD COACH, that it led to the int. which means that the int. probably would NOT have happened without the malfunction. I'm not here to argue with you about this but rather make a observation regarding what Trestman said about it. Of course the defender made a play on the ball.
    If you don't see the same problem that the head coach saw I can't help you there. We will just have to agree to disagree. I think I'm done with this thread.
  11. weneedmorelinemen

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    Hey, I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here.

When I read that blurb from Trestman, my interpretation is that he said it was a difficult situation for Clausen to be in. I see the part "You never want to throw a pick, but that was a play where he didn't get the play as well." That's just a nice way to deflect criticism from his player. Trestman should be preparing his guys for no headset situations.

If Clausen did not have the play from the coach and he called his own play that was not suitable for what was in front of him, then that would be the reason for the pick. But I don't think he called a bad play. Maybe it was not an ideal play. I think the defender made a good play on the ball. I don't think anyone should be able to blame a piece of hardware when that can fail at any time. That's what I am saying.
  12. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +703 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    412ß
    Those were the good old days when it was best not to list to the dipshit OC back than, today it's a different story.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,327 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,505ß
    Actually Trestman said it was a good call, BUT that route should have been an under not an over, which is what led to the int. But the reality is that LB made ONE HELL of a play. I don't think we have a lb on the team other then Briggs that could have made the play.