Biggsy's 10 Thoughts on Bears win over Jags

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Aug 15, 2014.

1. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Bellyiot, I agree with everything you have said, but I do have one minor quibble with your post. His proper name is "Biggsy", not "Biggs." Thanks! :)

2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    The above posters encapsulate my thoughts exactly.

A) I posted this rant I another thread but I'm gonna do it again--I'm f******g fed up with the "Weems experiment". The guy sucks hard. LMFAO at Weems as "#3WR" -- he's useless. And as a returner, he's a has-been. I saw little last year to justify keeping him (which prompted his salary cut) me I've seen nothing this PS to change that impression. Cut him and get on with it. I'll puke if if he gets any 1st half reps next weekend.

B) Scott needs to be on this team case closed.

C) Why is Morgan getting the scraps that fall from Weems' plate? He's easily our best 3rd WR on the active roster right now so WTF are Trestman and Kromer thinking? Get JM in the remaining ps games with the 1s and 2s. Him, Williams, and Spurlock are our #s 3-5 pending Wilson's return.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,737ß
    Reminds me of the good 'ol days when Hester was a #1 WR, regardless of his performance. I thought those days were over.

4. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,100ß

Sometimes if you can log on through the mobile site you can dodge those limits and the restrictions on free reads. Other times if B/R or someone else links it you can sneak through their f'n firewall like I did. This one came through all jumbled up and took some work to make readable but at least we go it! :cheers:

• Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  5. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,100ß

Agreed. Both are locks for the final roster. I think the only reason Weems is even playing is because we have no other options. Maybe they were hoping to showcase him so he'd get picked up after they release him but his performance in that game should have effectively put a period on the end of his career. The guy is awful and I'm embarrassed we're even using him. This is as bad as some of the crap the Lions do.

EDIT: The reason we aren't talking about them is this week we're discussing the bad, the retarded, and the ugly. Last week we talked about the good and now he's been waived injured. I'm not talking about our depth anymore. Bad juju.

6. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,100ß

Biggs hit the nail on the head with this one. Weems is a know quantity. Don't believe his bull shit about not getting a chance playing behind Hester. They wanted him to do the KOR and Hester the PR and they gave him some shots. He failed as badly then as he is now. Why the fuck this guy is still around is beyond me. This is one of Phil's biggest fuck ups for a FA signing.

Come one Tresty! What's tough to tell. Your STeams suck and your STeams coach either can't seem to find guys or he can't coach them. This isn't nuclear physics. Guys run down field, stay in their lanes and tackle people. It's a whole lot less to learn than an entire offense or an entire defense.

Why aren't you sure where you stand on this. By now you should be and if I'm you Joe D is on a short leash as far as getting his coverage and return units up to snuff. Just like Tucker we were sold on how good he did in Dallas and just like Tucker when we actually go back and look at his track record it's very mediocre.

If Williams is gonna be out for awhile longer than get some new bodies and or the love of God get rid of Weems and Spurlock before they cost us games when they do count. I'm righteously pissed at Trestman over bull shit comments like this. You're a HC so take care of it.

7. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,100ß
    Marshall has a right to make his own decision about what to do with his day off. If it starts affecting his play he can always withdraw but knowing him it won't. Leave it to me media to make a bigger deal out of it than it is. When that asshole Rick Morrissey tried to put him on the spot over it he ended the interview. Good for you B. You're a smart guy.

Draughn is actually the best fit for a 3rd down back for this offense. He can catch and if he gets some room he's fast and he's a very smooth runner. This guy is capable of breaking some big plays and my guess is he'll make the team. Carey is doing well and exactly what we though he would. He can find tiny cracks of daylight and punch through for a few yards in spots where Forte would never be able to gain yardage. He looked very good on that TD run.

As far as the play at Safety goes Biggsy hit the nail on the head. With the exception of Mundy's pick last game there really haven't been any impact plays but then they don't stink either. Their coverage is still shaky but the tackling has been OK. I'm still wondering about Tuckers coverage schemes as they relate to the Safeties. I'm seeing the same shit happening but with different players this year. What does that tell us?

I must be one of the few that isn't all that worried about Mills protracted recovery here. Frankly I don't see Ola or Roland playing any worse than he did last year. In fact Roland may even be a better pass blocker if only because of his size and wingspan. I'm willing to see how it plays out. Mills is far from irreplaceable.

Miller's injury and subsequent waivers just made Mulligan a shoe in to make the team along with Rosario. He wouldn't have beaten Miller out. C.J. Wilson still has PS eligibility and so does Demontre Hurst. Hurst is looking good as a future NB so to me he out ranks C.J. but I don't believe he'll make the final cut either. Not with Jennings and Hayden in front of him.

I didn't see anything in the QB play that would make me change my mind about whose who on the depth chart. Clausen ran into some bad breaks with a number of penalties on one series. What did he have like a second down and 45 or something. Now add to that the communication breakdown and a pick that was a well thrown ball the guy made a great play on or it was a completion. Had Palmer have been playing then he would have struggled as badly or worse and if Clausen was playing at the end he could just as easily led those TD drives. He still leads the parade but it's nice to see Palmer have a good game.

If Bostic would play like that one take down on Gerhart every play we might have something but he doesn't. He should watch tapes of Trevor Scott. That boy is a baller. He's Jared Allen twin brother and probably faster.

O'Donnell is just icing a battle we all knew he'd win to begin with but I'm still not sure who the LS will be.

8. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    Any one else think that they will keep 3 QB's on the roster and put the rookie on the P.S. ?
    Clausen was also a victim of tech. problems with the headsets malfunction that led to his int.
    Scott looked good and O'Donell WILL be the punter hands down. I actually thought that Ola played OK and may make it on the S.T. Two more games to sort everything out.
    :18 1 205:

9. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    542ß
    Headset malfunctions do not cause interceptions. They can also happen during real games too.

10. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,737ß
    This is a revelation. Can they at least cause touchdowns?

• Like Like x 1