Boggs and Martin resigned 1 yr

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Ojibway Bob, Feb 24, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,887 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,076ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Agree JABF, they probably see more in Boggs than we do and that's fine by me. What I don't understand is how Martin got re-signed? What exactly did he do on the field to justify a new contract and a roster spot?

• Like Like x 1
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,436 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    4,013ß
    And maybe they just see Boggs as a good backup, whether he's backing up Garza or a new guy. I figure we gotta have solid backups no matter who's the starter. They probably signed Boggs for peanuts. And he still may not make the final roster if Emery can do better at center. Not only is there the upcoming draft and FA - they could also sign a really solid UFA after the draft. There should be some good "projects" for Kromer to look at there after the draft because it's not at all unusual to have these guys (decent centers) go undrafted each year.

3. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +416 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    219ß
    I just remember seeing Boggs get pushed around in preseason, and that was against second stringers and scrubs.

Pressure up the middle is really bad, and that is what I see happening if we go with Boggs, so I hope this is just a tactic to get Garza to take a reasonable deal, or they have signed him as depth only.

• Like Like x 1
  4. weneedmorelinemen

Ratings:
    +592 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    371ß
    Alright, Boggs is on the roster.
    Boggs made 405K last year.