Bowen: "Bears 3rd-round pick could prove a steal"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, May 11, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,031 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,730ß
    This could be a home run hit - the defense equivalent of the Alshon Jeffery pick two years ago. A huge steal here.

2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    I think that's the case with both Sutton and Vereen. Until he put on all that weight Sutton was the 2013 version of Aaron Donald before the season began. He got bad advice and it cost him a lot of money by dropping from a sure 1st round pick to a 3rd. When the Bears had him in for an interview I pretty much figured he was their Plan B if Donald fell before we picked and he did. I think Emery knew that was possible all along and he said as much so he made sure he had a fall back position.

Sutton is already back to 290lbs and while he didn't outplay Donald in Sr. Bowl practice at 300lbs he wasn't all that far behind him either. Sutton is a good DT but Donald is exceptional in every way which is why I wanted us to get him. Ah well, some ya' win and some ya' lose. So we got the next best thing to Donald as far as a 3 tech DT goes and he'll be a good football player. Certainly worth a 3rd round pick.
    • Like Like x 1