Bowman Signs With Giants

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 31, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Giants continue secondary overhaul with Zack Bowman
    Posted by Darin Gantt on March 31, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
    [​IMG]AP

The Giants added some more experience to their secondary Monday, continuing an offseason emphasis.
    According to Adam Caplan of ESPN, the Giants agreed to a one-year deal with cornerback Zack Bowman.
    The former Bears corner started seven games last year.

By bringing in Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Walter Thurmond and Quintin Demps, the Giants will have a new look in the back.
  2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,497 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    533ß
    I'm not surprised he's gone but I have to wonder why Emery prioritized re-signing Hayden and McMannis over Bowman. I thought ZB did a respectable job filling in for Peanut last year and was a solid ST guy.
  3. butka

butka Veteran

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    The more I think about it and the more I'm watching this roster take place, the more certain I am that we're going CB in one of the first 2 rounds. I know, not exactly a bold prediction. Still, we'd be foolish to unconditionally trust Peanut's health this year.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    56ß
    Zack did well, but was never going to be a starter unless someone got hurt like Peanut last year. I believe the Bears plan on drafting some corners who are younger, and could easily replace the skill set Bowman had. We need to get younger at corners with both our corners over 30.
  5. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    I'm with you on this. Bowman as been around for awhile and he's never impressed me as a zone type guy. His forte was always man coverage and he always struggled with picking up his responsibilities in zone. He did his best work as a STeams gunner but we have guys who can fill that role.

I'd say the second round too or no later than the 3rd. Hayden is their older experienced vet now and he can move to CB if there's and Frey who can also play CB in a pinch comes in to play NB. So add a young guy to play behind Peanut for a year or two and along with McManis and maybe C.J. Wilson coming up from the PS we have enough CB depth and flexibility back there.
  6. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +229 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    626ß
    We may have collapsed at defense ... but the NYG's just flat out collapsed.

They need him more then we do. Hey thanks Giants for the ONLY M. Bennett on our team !