BR Mock

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BearJim, Mar 31, 2014.

1. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    15ß
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,697 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    637ß
    Not bad, I don't see our first 5 picks all going to the D, but it's still a good way of handling the D needs. I also don't want to see Colt on this team, kid has serious issues and isn't that talented to make up for it.
  3. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +677 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    I like this whole draft and if it went this way, I would be very pleased. I certainly understand where ric is coming from regarding Lyerla, but at the same time, the 6th and 7th rounds are when you take those chances. He's got a lot of talent (on that, perhaps ric and I disagree), but he does have off the field issues that COULD send him to the 6th round, and if they do, then I think it would be a very sound calculated risk. Some projected him as a clear 1st or 2nd round talent until his arrest. With that, I think a 6th round selection is a pretty solid gamble.

The only thing I DON'T like is the lack of a Center, but I've been begging the Bears to grab a new Center for the last 5 years, so I'm getting used to it.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. BearJim

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    15ß
    I agree with ya 4Da. I'd probably look @ Center in Rd 5 instead of another DE. As Ric has stated several times you can get a future starting Center on day 3 of the draft.
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    111ß
    I almost wish I hadn't read that mock because now it won't possibly happen. The top 3 picks I couldn't have drawn up any better (as in....too good to be true). As I posted in a different thread over the weekend, my dream 1-2 duo is Donald-Buchannon. And as 3rd round CB to mentor behind Peanut, Jean-Baptiste or McGill would be awesome choices IMO if they were still on the board.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,697 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    637ß
    I cannot see how SJP or McGill drop to the 3rd where the Bears pick though, Buchannon is a stretch also.
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    111ß
    Yeah, from what I've read McGill was considered a 3rd day kind of pick but really impressed at the Senior Bowl and Combine. He's been moving up. Maybe just maybe the fact that he played his college ball at a 2nd tier program (Utah) will keep him down a little. But I agree that him and/or SJP may not make it out of the 2nd round. They both as prospects look a lot like the ideal Tillman-successor to me.
  8. BearJim

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    15ß
    Ya MP & Ric, I really like the 1st 4 picks. I don't know if we could write it up any better than that!
  9. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    Woould be nice to see this draft projection come true.
  10. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,717 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,241ß
    I thought it was pretty realistic through the first four rounds as far as meeting needs with players who seem to fit. I especially like the first two rounds because I feel like both players will be on the board when we pick. After that it's less certain but there are other alternatives.

Being a former Badger I like the James White pick. He's fast and he got a little shake and bake to him. When he was a freshman he looked like he was gonna be there next #1 back but Monte Ball passed him up. With Forte as tall as he is I like the idea of having a shorter back with some speed. He wouldn't be a bad pick in six.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BearJim

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    15ß
    I don't think the Badgers OL was as good as they usually are but he still had a solid year. My biggest question about him is can he pass protect. Not saying he can't but I just haven't watched must tape on him or read up on him much.
  12. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    111ß
    Soul, if that mock is realistic and actually happens I'd be ecstatic. A first three of Donald, Buchannon, and Jean-Baptiste would be a huge score pretty much regardless of what followed. I'd be hard pressed to draw it up any better on paper.
  13. pjh60067

pjh60067 Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Pass on Aaron Donald. The Bears have enough problems stopping the run.
  14. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,717 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,241ß
    Not many of them can when they first come into the pros Jim because they seldom had to in college. Even Forte wasn't as good at it then as he is now. If we took a kid like him I think we'd be looking at him as a change of pace back at a #3 spot. I'd rather see us find an inexpensive young vet to compete with Ford for the #2 spot. From what little I saw of Ford last year he looked to me like a smaller version of Michael Bush. He looked like he's pretty much a North/South runner with some ability to make guys miss and some decent power for his size. He may be better than we think but I'd still look for a 3rd or 4th year vet to try for that spot too.
  15. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,717 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,241ß
    :disagree:

And this means you assume he can't and yet his scouting reports indicate just the opposite. I guess you haven't watched any of his college game tapes either. He nailed a lot of guys in the backfield for losses. That's playing the run pretty well I'd say.

A whole 3 posts since Friday makes you an expert on Donald huh? You just drop in to tell us this or are you planning on sticking around for a bit? I get a whiff of troll here and it's coming from your direction.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,717 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,241ß
    Go ahead. That's all the guy from B/R did. :rofl2:

All three could be realistic but probably the first two more. There are two or three CBs who might be in the mix in three who may fit. But yeah if we go DT, S, CB or DT, CB, S I'd love it. I still think a DT comes first.