BR Mock

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BearJim, Mar 31, 2014.

1. BearJim

BearJim
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    Not bad, I don't see our first 5 picks all going to the D, but it's still a good way of handling the D needs. I also don't want to see Colt on this team, kid has serious issues and isn't that talented to make up for it.

3. 4dabers

4dabers
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    692ß
    I like this whole draft and if it went this way, I would be very pleased. I certainly understand where ric is coming from regarding Lyerla, but at the same time, the 6th and 7th rounds are when you take those chances. He's got a lot of talent (on that, perhaps ric and I disagree), but he does have off the field issues that COULD send him to the 6th round, and if they do, then I think it would be a very sound calculated risk. Some projected him as a clear 1st or 2nd round talent until his arrest. With that, I think a 6th round selection is a pretty solid gamble.

The only thing I DON'T like is the lack of a Center, but I've been begging the Bears to grab a new Center for the last 5 years, so I'm getting used to it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BearJim

BearJim
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    I agree with ya 4Da. I'd probably look @ Center in Rd 5 instead of another DE. As Ric has stated several times you can get a future starting Center on day 3 of the draft.

5. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,337ß
    I almost wish I hadn't read that mock because now it won't possibly happen. The top 3 picks I couldn't have drawn up any better (as in....too good to be true). As I posted in a different thread over the weekend, my dream 1-2 duo is Donald-Buchannon. And as 3rd round CB to mentor behind Peanut, Jean-Baptiste or McGill would be awesome choices IMO if they were still on the board.

• Like Like x 3
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    I cannot see how SJP or McGill drop to the 3rd where the Bears pick though, Buchannon is a stretch also.

7. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,337ß
    Yeah, from what I've read McGill was considered a 3rd day kind of pick but really impressed at the Senior Bowl and Combine. He's been moving up. Maybe just maybe the fact that he played his college ball at a 2nd tier program (Utah) will keep him down a little. But I agree that him and/or SJP may not make it out of the 2nd round. They both as prospects look a lot like the ideal Tillman-successor to me.

8. BearJim

BearJim
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    Ya MP & Ric, I really like the 1st 4 picks. I don't know if we could write it up any better than that!

9. sluggobear

sluggobear
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    245ß
    Woould be nice to see this draft projection come true.

10. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    I thought it was pretty realistic through the first four rounds as far as meeting needs with players who seem to fit. I especially like the first two rounds because I feel like both players will be on the board when we pick. After that it's less certain but there are other alternatives.

Being a former Badger I like the James White pick. He's fast and he got a little shake and bake to him. When he was a freshman he looked like he was gonna be there next #1 back but Monte Ball passed him up. With Forte as tall as he is I like the idea of having a shorter back with some speed. He wouldn't be a bad pick in six.

• Like Like x 1