Brad Biggs' 10 thoughts after Bears-Chargers game

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 16, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,884ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    seriously are you McCown mommy or girlfriend? This is actualy more ignorant then the KO/Rex threads keep your crappy qb love to yourself, it's getting creepy.

and ya you are getting owned in that other thread, btw this is what I was referring to:

Texans - Schaub, Yates - vet qb, young backup
    Bengals - Dalton, Johnson - young qb, vet backup
    Packers - Rodgers, Harrell - vet qb, young backup
    Vikings - Ponder, Cassel - vet qb, vet backup
    Ravens - Flacco, Taylor - vet qb, young backup
    Colts - Luck, Hasselbeck - young qb, vet backup
    Seahawks - Wilson, Jackson - young qb, vet backup
    Redskins - Griffin III, Cousins, Grossman - young qb, young backup, vet third
    Broncos - Manning, Osweiler - Vet qb, young backup
    49ers - Kaepernick, McCoy - young qb, vet backup
    Falcons - Ryan, Davis - vet qb, young backup
    Patriots - Brady, Mallett, Tebow - Vet qb, young backup, tim tebow.

2. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    544ß
    Any more lists of QBs you'd like to copy and paste from other posters? Expand the quote to see my comments on that list.

No team on that list is going with a player at the #2 position this year that isn't a vet, or does not have at year with the current coaching staff as the #3 QB the year before except for the Redskins. The Redskins made Kirk Cousins, their 4th round pick in 2012, their #2 QB right off the bat. So there you go. They did carry a vet in Grossman to back him up. They did not go sans emergency QB like you advocated with cutting JM and just going with MB.

Look, I remember when Green Bay drafted both Brohm and Flynn in one year to be their #2 and #3 QBs, but they got it wrong and made Brohm the #2 initially. I know that New England made Brian Hoyer was the #2 QB a few years back with very little experience to judge him from. You know what though? Those teams have stability at the position with the best QB's in the league. We don't. We have a historically bad offensive line and a QB that usually misses a game or two every year if not more.

We also have an entirely new coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball. Maybe Tice left some notes in the Kromer's desk saying to give Blanchard a shot at the #2, but I don't think he would listen.

And I would ask if you are Blanchard's mommy or girlfriend right back at you, but that would be tacky.

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,884ß
    Yates was a ROOKIE that year, in your backward ass theory the team should have cut his ass, throw him on the PS squad and got a "vet backup" that can run a Offense. He also, THAT YEAR succeeded w/ZERO NFL experience...hell he didn't even have #2 reps in camp, pre season or reg seasn, he is the PERFECT example of why you don't have "vet backups".

4. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    544ß
    He was the #3 emergency QB. He was not made the #2 in preseason. The only reason he even got any snaps was Schaub and Leinart getting hurt. I'm not against rookies. I'm not against UDFA's. I'm against them being the only other quarterback on the roster besides the starter if they have zero experience.

Houston did exactly what you should do with a rookie QB. Have someone in front of them who has experience. They were very fortunate that Yates is a good player when they turned to him in an emergency.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,884ß

But they didn't know what they would have in Dan at that time it's better to go w/the unknown then the known to be bad....and sadly those #'s are better then McCowns last night.

McCown is a known bad, end of discussion, there is no theory you can prove that makes McCown to be more then that, bad. So what if Haine or Blanchard end up being bad, at least their was a chance of good. McCown there is no chance of good, b/c he is bad. Saying that McCown knows how to play in the NFL, and is still bad, just is further proof that he's even worse then I give him credit for. Hey Webb is experienced in the NFL, should we start him over Mills? Mills has no experience and Webb has been a starter, should Webb be the starter even though he's a known poor quality? No. Experience means nothing if you don't have the talent and/or mentality to play.

6. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,880ß
    Im not too concerned that BMarsh was the primary target. It was only 5 passes, and it just so happened Marsh was the best option on them. Besides, after that first series, the offense seemed to click and move down the field and put up a few TDs.

JT Thomas looks like he should be able to make the team as a Special teamer, but not convinced he is Defense material.

Overall, the team displayed a lot of talent across the board, but they just seemed raw, they need some more time to get their game sharpened and focused, but there is definitely a lot of talent on this team. Hopefully, Mills and Long can be the answer on the right side of the OL.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,884ß
    Yep young raw talent is all over the field. It's just a matter of how quickly they can adapt to the reg season....and this schedule is not really condusive to it.

8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    Um, no. I'm not buying into your argument at all here. I'm stating that you are overreacting to McCown's play last night, when it's been obvious for years that the preseason doesn't mean ANYTHING. Don't bring up the records again, because when I followed that up with stats, you changed the course of your argument to say something similar to "Well, we KNOW he's bad, they didn't know Orlovsky was bad!" No we don't.

We know he's not gonna be great, but what I'm saying is, preseason stats and strategies can be deceiving, and Bears fans should quit biting into every soundbite related to preseason, as it's in very few ways a predictor of season success, be it for the whole team, or down to individual players.

9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,884ß
    mccown is a career sub 60% comp qb, and barely a 6ypa and a guy that throws more picks then td's, not to mention fumbles. Unless you can tell me w/a straight face that you want your "vet experienced backup" to have statistically HORRIBLE qb #'s then my statement stands, regardless of his awful performance last night...and it was awful last night, he was throwing high or behind his targets all night.

10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß

Then tell us all what Emery should do to fix this situation, please. If Webb is bad enough to not deserve a job, but McCown is, something tells me you're contradictory in your belief that Emery is doing right.