Brad Biggs' Bears Mailbag

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I see it exactly as he does for his first sentence. I can't really contribute anything to the Washington discussion, other than we could really use a talented DE. I just have no perspective on if he can or will be good. Shea has been a disappointment. There is no doubt. I don't know how that saga will end either, but he honestly does look like he knows what he is doing and he takes the right angles. I just think that he is not strong enough to play his position at the NFL level. He could get better by continuing to improve technique, but unless something drastically changes, i don't think he is going to make very much of a contribution. With the LBs brought in, not sure he has much of a future, but honestly, whatever LBs we brought in be damned (I do like them though), Shea is on the team and before we trash him, we should at least see what he can do at LB. If he somehow ends up being better than the two we brought in (and I think both are VERY good), then at least we know. I think you have an asset, find out what it can do (leave no stone unturned) before you walk away. Sadly though, I still think he may not be here much longer.

2. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    He is going to be Mr. Homecoming this year at the University of Tulsa. FWIW, my Dad graduated there too and no he didn't know Lovie. I think Lovie was after his time.

3. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I too have been saying we should move Shea to OLB and at least give him a shot there. Remember Green Bay wanted him in the 3-4 as an OLB IIRC.

4. BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +400 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    Couldn't agree more. If the choices are: A-give up on Shea completely and try to trade him for a later round draft pick OR B-give him a shot at OLB, I think that ya gotta go with Choice B, since we did spend a freakin' first round pick on him. It is often said that MOST young players display significant improvement during their 2nd full NFL season. I know we still have 12 games to go, but thus far, Shea has been MIA.

5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Wonder if he'll bring his red flag.

6. rich1978

rich1978 Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    193ß

brought many tears to my eyes back then too...

• Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,170 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,537ß
    Poor tackling/blocking are the biggest issues, but that seems to be a team epedimic right now. Hopefully the solve that quickly.

8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,170 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,537ß

that's why they need to start blitzing w/CB's and LB's. the DL just is not going to get it done.

9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,170 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,537ß
    You really want to sit Anderson to play Shea at OLB, or are you planning on sitting Briggs. That's what Biggs point is. Both those guys have been outstanding players this year, and I wouldn't sit either for the likes of Shea

10. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    131ß
    That second pic just screams facepalm. Well done. That sums up the offense for the last 3 years!!

• Like Like x 1