Brad Biggs' Bears Mailbag

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Oct 3, 2013.

1. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I have been saying all along that we are missing Urlacher more than most realize.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,112 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,526ß
    In fairness, I think he was also talking about how he looked in camp and pre season. Granted, that still doesn't mean much, but it sure sounds like his athleticism is pretty iffy for an NFL career. Marginal guy at best. Of course McClellin is looking like a marginal guy too. So maybe we have two disappointments here. But if McClellin can't get it done I guess we might as well throw in a 6th round rook & see if he sinks or swims.

We're not looking too good on that DL anywhere right now. Emery has his work cut out for him this off-season. He's going to need to do to the DL, what he did with the OL this year - work a miracle.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  3. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
    Corny's speed and strength are truly outstanding. There can be no debate on that -- proven in spades at the NFL combine. The way I see it, the Bears have little to lose by benching McClellin and giving Corny some serious playing time to see how he develops (or not). He has too much upside potential not to give it a chance. After all. he is just a raw rookie at this point. Even the great Richard Dent had only 3 sacks his first year, so let's not jump to conclusions prematurely about my adopted Bear.

4. BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +400 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    I wouldn't mind seeing CornWash getting more snaps at all. I mean, at this point, why not?!

5. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
    I think McClellin just lacks the size and strength to play DL. I compared his combine measurables to CornWash. Corny did 36 reps on bench press (top score). McClellin could do only 19. That is poor. Corny's 4.55 in 40 beats him,too. Even faster than Bostic and most LB's. Sooooo, let's get this dude on the field -- NOW.

6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,764 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    831ß
    Biggs didn't sound too impressed with CW but who knows how predictive that is. I would agree that there isn't much to lose by reducing Shea's snaps and giving some of those to Washington. McClellin has been a massive liability against the run and he's not exactly terrorizing any QBs on the pash rush either. I hate to say this but hes been a major disappointment as a 1st round pick.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,153 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,510ß

I was speaking against the run MP. We all know they've had problems getting to the qb.

8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,153 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,510ß
    Unless your a 1st round pick, you have to earn playing time, it's not given to a player. If he didn't look good in pre season or TC, and then didn't look good on the few plays on the field, CornyWashy won't see more then 4 snaps, and if he continues to be bad he'll get less.

9. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
    I think they will cut their losses on McClellin after this season. As a first round pick, he;s going the direction of Spellman and Carimi. Meanwhile, though, they need to get a good look at CW. If they determine that CW will be a starter at DE, it will affect their negotiation with Wootton. Conversely, it helps Wootton if McClellin continues to flop and CW gets little playing time. This will be an interesting situation to watch as the season unfolds.