Brad Biggs; Ten Thoughts..................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Aug 25, 2013.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Soul, you're spot on with the LB situation. I think you gotta keep DJ even is he's not ready/healthy to start week 1 and even if it means cutting JTT (he still has PS eligibility, right?). I can't see keeping a MLB depth chart that consists of two rookies only just so a STer can make the final 53 man roster. Bite the bullet I'm afraid.

2. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

No, he was on the 53 man roster all year in 2012. Gonna be some hard decisions there and a lot of it depends on just how well DWill has recovered too. If he's not 100% ready to play before the opener and practicing for the week building up to it I don't what they'll do.

3. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

Thanks for the info. IMHO, JTT should be on the losing end of that hard choice. We already have one LB who is a pure STer (Costanzo) and no other vet who can play MLB.

4. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

FWIW Costanzo can play MLB and SLB he's just not all that good at it. Actually I'd probably rather have Thomas playing MLB than Costanzo if it came down to that but it won't. You're right, he may be a victim of the numbers game unless there's an injury to someone. Let's hope not. (knock on wood)

5. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Can they hide him with the tagged IR designation?

6. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

They can but then if they want to bring him back he has to clear waivers and the injury has be legit or at least look like it. I wonder if DWill is still hurting if they might be able to put him on the IR and bring him back. With his contract I think few would jump at taking him.

Ah, that'll never happen. I just hate the thought of losing Thomas. I think with some experience he could be a decent LB as well and Anderson and DWill are only signed for this year so next year he might nice to have around.

7. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

If so, then another tough choice will have to be made to keep 7 LBs. I.E., cut Weems who is a good STer but adds nothing on offense. Do we really need 5 WRs + 2 more who are STs and WR in name only (Hester + Weems) ???

Or go with 6 LBs and cut Costanzo who like Weems is a good ST player but sucks on D.

I understand your point, Soul, about JTT. Could he take over SLB (in a Roach type role) next year if DJ and Anderson are gone? If so, he might be worth keeping around.

8. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

FWIW "Moon Mullin reported that DWill returned to practice today and will most likely start at MLB on Friday so he'll be another guy to watch since it's gonna be Greene and Thomas who'll most likely be playing with him.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

About time...
    Any word on Earl Bennett??

10. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer