Brad Biggs: "With 9 rookies, Bears have youthful look"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Aug 31, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,836 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    What do you guys think?

2. beardownboilerup

beardownboilerup Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    The last paragraph says it all, glad to see we are moving away from Angelo's regime. It's more and more evident he didn't know how to draft offensive players.
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,836 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    Emery is a brilliant man. It took him a bit to ramp up his scouting department so I give him a pass on his first few months here. He still brought in Brandon Marshall for chump change (two 3rd rounders.....laughable).

This year Emery brought in new coaches and built a rock solid foundation of player talent. A nice mix of solid veterans and rookies. In 2014 watch what Emery builds upon that firm foundation. It should be a team that will own the NFL-N for the forseeable future. Young and talented & led by a brilliant head coach in his 2nd season. Green Bay looks like it is not the franchise it has been in recent years. They have a lot of issues there now. I respect the talent that Detroit has on that roster, and the coaching that the Vikes have now.......but realistically I don't think they will be a factor now that we've swept Lovie & company out the door and have an exceptional GM here.

That's my 2-cents worth anyway. You doubters may be right, and I may be wrong, but frankly I think we're in for some good times here in Chicago. It looks to be sustainable success too. Not just a good year. Once you have a solid GM and a solid head coach like Trestman in place, good things can be sustained for years.

It's a great time to be a Chicago Bears fan.
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,444 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    628ß
    This just the start of Emery's house cleaning and we may not be quite as happy with him the next time he picks up his broom. There are a lot of guys playing here for there last year.
  5. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,162 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    We're gefting younger at a good clip. Hell, it's probably more as Mannelly skews the curve lol.
    • Like Like x 1