Brandon Marshall: Cutler will be back in two weeks

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Oct 24, 2013.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,881 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    877ß
    Marshall predicts quick Cutler comeback

[​IMG]

By Dan Wiederer, Tribune reporter

4:14 pm, October 24, 2013
    It has been three days since the Chicago Bears announced the diagnosis of the injury Jay Cutler suffered Sunday. Cutler, it was revealed, has a torn muscle in his groin with a prognosis, officially revealed by coach Marc Trestman, that the quarterback will be out of action for at least four weeks.

“I’m going to tell you it’s a minimum of four weeks,” Trestman declared. “And from there it will be week to week.”

But already the acceleration of Cutler’s recovery timetable has begun. On Thursday, during an appearance on MSNBC, receiver Brandon Marshall said Cutler will need only half that much time to get back.

"I predict Jay Cutler will be back in two weeks," Marshall said during a visit on "Andrea Mitchell Reports" to promote his recent mental health advocacy efforts. "They say four to six (weeks), but we got the right people around Jay right now. So we'll get it done. Two weeks."

ESPN’s Ed Werder also said on “SportsCenter” on Thursday that Cutler told Trestman he’d be back in action in less than four weeks.

After the original timetable was announced Monday, Bears general manager Phil Emery said he was positive Cutler would return to the field at some point this season.

“I'm certain,” Emery said. “Unless there's a complication during his rehab, I would say with the injury that he has, I'm certain he'll be back at some point. Minimum of four weeks and from there it will be week-to-week.”

The Bears have an open date this week and will return to action Nov. 4 with a "Monday Night Football" game against the Packers at Lambeau Field. Josh McCown will be the starting quarterback for that game, and presumably for at least two games beyond that. But now the speculation on Cutler's recovery is certain to pick up steam.
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,881 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    877ß
    I love optimism..... But two weeks to come back from a torn groin?
  3. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    285ß
    Ludicrous . I've had one and they take a long time to properly heal . Plus , mess with it too soon and it'll just get jacked up again . They better not rush this .
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. billatter

billatter Veteran

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    76ß
    And he got his medical degree when? A torn groin is nothing to mess with as others have already stated.
  5. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Gotta love the Marshisms. I'm actually glad Brandon thinks it will be two weeks, but I'll stick with Emery and Trestman's forecast and pencil in four on my calendar...
  6. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    Doesn't even matter as long as the D continues to play JV ball.
  7. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    43ß
    Marshall is just being optimistic as would any teammate for another, but Cutler isn't coming back until he's completely healed......anything sooner would just cause a re-injury.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +617 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    212ß
    I trust Dr. Brandon Marshall's diagnosis almost as much as I would trust this Dr. Marshall's...

[​IMG]
  9. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    485ß
    The reporter's real story was eaten by the dog.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Walter Brandon: Two Weeks? Two Weeks?
    [​IMG]
    Well I like a good conversation as much as any but I've got to run. Hasta Pronto if you know what I mean.