Brian Urlacher has talked with Bears brass about honor

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Apr 1, 2014.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,150 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,560ß
    By Patrick Finley
    April 1, 2014 11:34 am

Brian Urlacher and George McCaskey talked on the phone last week, one day after the Bears chairman said he had reached out to the former linebacker to discuss honoring him next season.

“I don’t understand what the big deal was,” Urlacher told 87.7 FM The Game on Tuesday. “George and I text every now and then, if we have time, pick up the phone and talk to each other.

“There are certain people in the organization I would not like to talk to — but the McCaskeys aren’t any of those people.”

That shot at general manager Phil Emery aside, Urlacher wasn’t specific about if he and the Bears had settled on a way to salute his career. McCaskey said last week the Bears “certainly want to recognize his great career at a time and place that’s suitable for him.”

Urlacher said he was excited about the Bears adding Jared Allen — “Good signing,” he said — and that he thought Julius Peppers would shine with the Packers. He wasn’t shocked Josh McCown signed with Tampa Bay, citing the Lovie Smith connection.

He said he “felt so bad for (safety) Chris Conte” last season, and joked Urlacher himself would have been blamed had he anchored the team’s woeful defense.

As someone who roots for the Bears, Urlacher said, he hated to see Devin Hester sign with the Falcons.

“I was mad when Devin left,” he said. “I don’t want to see him break the record in anything but a bears uniform … as a Bears fan.”
    • Like Like x 2
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,028 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,730ß
    Sounds like George M. is highly respected by everyone, including Brian. Hope they do honor Urlacher soon.
  3. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,150 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,560ß
    And of course he had to take a veiled jab at Emery
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    562ß
    I'm sorry, Urlacher can't play both sides of the fence.

He only like the McCaskey's because they are the Bears.

OF course you like the owners...

Fuck Urlacher.. lol I'm burned on hear anything from him.

The game doesn't owe you JACK! You got paid! Deal with it.

He's not good enough to be honored.

Are we going to honor:

Brad Muster?
    Neal Anderson?
    Kevin Butler?

If Ditka JUST got honored, what makes you think the Bears should honor Urlacher?
    • Like Like x 2
  5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +919 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,081ß
    Sounds like he needs to make peace with Emery. Could be a nightmare public relations and I would not do it until he can at least stay silent on "others in the organization", Emery as we believe. He does not have to love um but at least show respect.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,150 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,560ß
    Won't happen until he at least starts calling him by name
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    562ß
    Yeah, he didn't need to say that at all!!!

All he has to say is "I love Da Bears!"..... Why say you would not talk to certain people in the Bears Organization? What value added is there when you say that? He's trying to make wine with sour grapes!
  8. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    Urlacher need to shut the hell up, all of sudden now the bears made a good move by signing Allen......but before it was about the bears not having or showing loyalty, yet he still talks to McCasky and at the same time takes a jab at Emery ??

Urlacher is full of sh*t and doesn't need to be honored, regardless of what his feelings are with his release from the Bears or even his teammates he's supposed to keep those comments to himself.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +915 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    765ß
    Urlacher should be pissed McCaskey couldn't provide him with a gm and a coach who know what an offense looks like earlier...perhaps he would have enjoyed more success here.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    You didn't expect any less did you. :D
  11. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,690 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,054ß
    Breaking news: Bears to honor Urlacher by offering 54% off the Bears SuperBowl XLI Champions gear.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    I love it. All the hatred and yet if anyone of you had a meeting with your boss after he told he'd like you to stay on with company but you all he could guarantee you was 12 1/2 % of your previous pay with a chance to double that if you didn't miss a day of work all year how would respond? Would you honor and respect than man or would there maybe be some hard feelings.............just a little hmmmmmm?

It's very easy to criticize until the shoe is one the other foot isn't it. :rolleyes:
  13. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,690 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,054ß
    Round 13: Fight!!!

Had Urlacher been signed to any. other. team....i would concede that he got the short end of the stick from Emery. He wasnt. This means that Emery offered him a fair market deal, Lach turned it down. And yet, Brian still cannot admit that he overvalued himself when negotiating the contract. Brian has no one to blame but himself, and while i appreciate what he has done for us in the past, im GLAD his attitude is no longer infecting the locker room of this team. It is Cutler's team now, not Brian's. A new regime is in place, and the team is better for it. Loyalty does not win you championships.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +915 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    765ß
    You're only offering half the reality of the situation. If I had previously made 78 million from said employer and was on the downside of my career and no other company was even going to bring me in for an interview I would be grateful, not pissed.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    102ß
    I'm glad that Lach for the moment is not slaying Da Bears vocally.....as long as he toes the line I can wear his jersey again soon
  16. Mongo

Mongo Newbie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    He was an incredible player, but what an ungrateful dick he can be. He lost me as a hardcore fan with his "I don't care about Bear fans" comment.
  17. Seqq34

Seqq34 Veteran

Ratings:
    +88 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    As a die hard Bears fan this is really sad and unfortunate to see him act like this...but on the other hand, while most of us non-fortunate humans have dealt with new bosses shaking things up in a working environment "more than once" lol, Urlacher has only had one REAL job as an adult, and hopefully he will mature over time and apologize to the fans for being this way towards the organization that set his family up for lifetimes of financial security.
  18. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +786 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    433ß
    Where was the vikings loyalty to Allen? Did they make him an offer? Why isn't Brian pissing on the vikings for their lack of loyalty?
  19. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,659ß
    They already wear purple. There is only so much you can kick a guy when he's down. Even Urlacher couldn't do it...
  20. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,275 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    222ß
    If I were to bet I'd say Brian's agent knows he is not going to make it as an analyst to rate unless he gains traction with the team. He's probably shooting himself in the foot with local business ventures and networking by being a douche as well.