Brian Urlacher has talked with Bears brass about honor

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    Being a douche seems to work for him. I'm not as fond of him as I used to be.
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,423 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    170ß
    I cannot be bothered to look up the quote, but BU KNEW it would end this way, after he blackmailed the team a few years ago to get another extension he said that when a players time is up the team will cut you, no questions asked, and that's why he threatened to retire if they didn't extend him.

Cannot have it both ways Brian.

I also agree there should be no rush to "honor" him, not it shouldn't happen anytime soon. He was a great player on the team, but got that team 0 championships, he's not going to get his # retired, and he's a boarderline HoF'r, I think he shoudl get in, but I've heard analysts question if he was good enough, he is no Ditka, Butkus, Payton, etc.
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    Urlacher and George McCaskey seem to be beginning the process of mending some fences here. That's a good thing, not a bad thing. All of this will pass and we'll have good memories of all the years Brian Urlacher gave us as fans. The guy played with a lot of emotion and passion. I'm not completely surprised that he was emotional about the way his career ended. That's not saying Brian is right or wrong. Just that I can understand it. If the worst thing Brian ever does is grouch a bit about his former boss (Emery) then he'll have a blessed retirement. I'm sure he's not the only one of us who has blown a gasket about an ex-boss. The guy was a good player for us for many years. Let's just leave it at that. If they want to honor him someday, hey, more power to them. I think that's a class act by the Bears.