Briggs to wear a Shoulder Harness in 2014

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    304ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    More chances a few LB could get drafted again?

2. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    75ß
    Just means the bears will be drafting a few more LB's as depth behind Briggs, hopefully can find a possible starter to groom to take Briggs place when he retires.

3. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    Emery will be drafting replacements regardless. Age is now Briggs enemy and it's time to groom another LB.

4. [S]alvatore

[S]alvatore Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    He needs to hit that HGH hard so he can get back to 100%.

5. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    642ß
    OK, can I be serious for a minute? The Bears are obviously trimming some fat and some age; Lance Briggs is making $6.5 mil this year with a shoulder harness and only $1 Mil in dead money? Now, if there is a FA linebacker out there that would be a stud for us, would it be smart to cut Lance loose and bring in a different vet LB or would this be too much of a loss in vet leadership for one year? What do you guys think? Even if they wanted to, is there really anyone out there that is still available? I haven't even been looking at linebackers. I love Lance (as seen below), but I love winning more.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    810ß
    4da, where's the loyalty??? :)

7. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    304ß
    I do Agree with ya 4da about cutting him but I think Emery is also trying to combat Urlacher's attitude with kindness. So Emery figures that he has the LB's to fill in ( in Emery I trust) and in 1 year Briggs and possibly Peanut will retire. Emery will show he has the compassion as Mother Theresa and the vision that shows we can use their knowledge to help the rookies to learn their roles that will be vacant..

8. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    642ß
    LOL, compassion of Mother Theresa!:23_28_100[1]:

I agree that their knowledge and experience is a valuable commodity. I honestly don't know if I would do it (cut him), but that's a chunk of change. It's just food for thought; I don't see anyone on the open market that could effectively replace him at this point, even if he shows some decline, he's better than the FA's left on the market unless someone is cut soon.

9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,884ß
    to many holes to fill for the team to cut Briggs and try and fill his spot also.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    642ß
    yea, I tend to agree ric. There comes a point where you stop making changes or you run the risk of having a NEGATIVE impact instead of a POSITIVE. That said, his cap space could help fill some of those holes, otherwise I wouldn't have even suggested it. But I do agree, at some point you have to stop making changes just for the sake of making changes. I guess I just point it out as a potential if the right opportunity presents itself.