Bringing Sexy back to the Punter Position

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by strockrocks, May 16, 2014.

1. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +363 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    What are ya playin?
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,969 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    980ß
    nothing new, I'm about 5yrs behind b/c I'm cheap and kids take up most my time. Right now I'm playing Civ V and Skyrim V.
  3. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +363 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    Skyrim isn't 5 years old is it? Civilization games are fun. Nothing wrong with playing the "older" stuff. I feel like a lot of the newer stuff is losing the depth and the campaign/offline parts of the games are lacking in quality. Too many CoD type games where it's multiplayer or nothing.

I'm interesting in trying out the new systems when I get back to the states.
  4. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    71ß
    Lol I can't bring myself to Finish skyrim, reason being I was a huge world of Warcraft geek.....I finally finished fallout3 and replaying farcry3..... I am waiting on watchdogs release....my Son beta tested it and said it was good so I preordered it
  5. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +363 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    Watchdogs still isn't out? Damn. Yeah, I lost hundreds of hours to Fallout 3, good game. WoW is a life sucker, so expansive. You still play? I haven't in years but I heard someone complaining it's lost some of it's original luster. Skyrim is gorgeous.
  6. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +363 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    Also was curious, where you from Ojibwe Bob? We have a big presence of Chippewa/Ojibwe tribes back home. Some Potawatomi heritage myself.
  7. Ojibway Bob

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    71ß
    WoW......hmmmm I do miss the game but unfortunately all my friends changed servers and we'll I'm not spending 20$ to do that....I played mmo's with these guys and gals all the way back to 2002 on a little obscure game and we'll like ya said its a soul sucker.....since I shed a bunch of weight I try to go outside more hahah. I just can't get into the whole grind of that game now....I have 3 toons maxed levels and another 1 real close....life is flying by at an alarming rate and it seems it goes faster with each decade I pass soooo I gots to go outside and play lol
    • Like Like x 1
  8. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,969 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    980ß
    I cannot play 1st person shooters, I get bloodgut something fierce. and I agree it seems like the games selling are just the same games as the previous year minus updated rosters(for sports) and/or a new weapon or couple new maps(CoD style). It's why the first new system I bought in over almost 15 years was the Wii, it was the first system I felt actually tried to do something new and unique and wasn't charging me $500-600 for$50 of more memory and a $100 new graphics card and the ability to rebuy the same games I had before.

Skyrim is at least 3 or 4 years old, closer to 5 then it is 1 regardless :). I do like the Civ games, I've played all of the Civ's. This is the first of the Skyrim series I ever played and it's been fun, if not a little disappointing, a lot of hype when it first came out about the ability to make your own weapons and spells etc, really not the case. But the graphics are beautiful and the world really is massive. The radiant quests are pretty cool also, it makes sure that when you play you'll never have the same experience regardless of how you go through the primary quests.
  9. Ojibway Bob

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    71ß
    I am up in Toronto, Canada and my background is native American...Ojibway and I have some Irish in me so needless to say I like firewater haha
  10. Ojibway Bob

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    71ß
    I myself still play on xbox 360, I have a PS4 and 3 downstairs but my kids play it mostly
  11. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,969 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    980ß
    it's why I won't play mulit player games, gave that up over 10 years ago after I got married, no time to waste all day playing, and I to lost a TON of weight after that; and stopped eating fast food 5 days a week. I get outside more in the winter/spring though, summer-autumn in Tx is to damn hot, even at 9-10 am, and it doesn't cool off until around 1-2am(cool being around 80-85), so my outside time is quickly coming to an end.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,969 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    980ß
    I got to visit toronto once, loved that city, traffic was a bit hectic but it was a very nice city, lot of good food and a few good bars.
  13. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +363 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    Yeah exactly, I'm paying 60-70 dollars so I can have Ka'Deem Carey on my roster? Really? Way to have a money grab. My favorite football game is still ESPN 2k5. Madden is still taking things from that game, was such a shame when they bought the rights to the NFL. No competition and they don't even try now. You ever play some All Pro 2k8? I liked that game a lot, players available made up of old NFL greats. Not all HoF's but all good players. You get 2 Gold (Payton), 3 silvers (Hampton) and like 6 bronze (Willie Gault). Cool game anyways.

Skyrim definitely got overhyped, but I came into it with low standards so I was happy with the game. Definitely not able to do what I thought as far as building your own gear, but like you said, beautiful game.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ojibway Bob

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    71ß
    Thanks...Toronto is my island hahah I gotta get my passport....a friend of mine up here is originally from Chitown and he bugs me to go on a road trip to Soldiers field.....I need to see them play in Chicago
  15. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +363 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    Right on, I'm up north of Toronto in Michigan. Good area though, heard you guys got pounded this winter with snow/temps.

I know what you mean about the grind, it takes some serious dedication to be a gamer and I just can't do what I did in my teenage years. The fires gone haha.
  16. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,969 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    980ß
    no I cannot play the sports games, I had a friend try and teach me on his espn college 2k5 a few years back and he quickly kicked me off his team; I went from RB, to #1 WR to bench in about 5 plays. I just cannot get it down.

I think the 2 new expansions for Skyrim have given it more of the freedom, I think you can actually have kids now, and I know you can build your own home, so I'm guessing you can probably build your own gear. But the original is definately not as open as projected; still a damn site better then most games like that though.
  17. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +363 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    Hmm, curious about the sports games. If you've got an Xbox 360 or Ps3 (which I'm guessing you do with Skyrim) you should pick up All Pro. It never took off and you could probably find it for 5 bucks. It's not like Madden or anything, the gameplay is different. Button layout is a bit different and it's cool to have people like Barry Sanders and Jerry Rice on the same team. Or build up a crazy good defense. Just throw it on the easiest setting and fuck around till you get the hang of it. I leave it on the easy setting, I can play All-Madden and win but to me it's boring, I love just putting together a dynasty and dominating. Obviously you don't have to, but it's cheap as hell so if you've got some time to kill it's a good one to learn on.
  18. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,969 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    980ß
    lol no, I"m a PC guy all the way when it comes to high res/quality games, so Skyrim is on my PC. I'm a Wii/nintendo guy also. My son is saving up for a newer system and wants a Wii U, I would let him but it sounds like even nintendo has given up on that system so mabye I'll break down and let him get a XBoxOne; it just drives me nuts that if the internet is down he won't be able to play any games on his $500 system video game system. Maybe if the WiiU is cheap enough used, he's only 8 and all he really wants is to play Minecraft, and he likes the Mario car/smash bro's games also, it's not like he needs 20-30 games to play.
  19. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +363 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    I don't understand that, you're eliminating such a large number of would be buyers with policies like that. Not to mention the whole "must always be connected" thing without a doubt raising alarm with anti-big government peoples. Eyes and ears in the home at all times, unnecessary. It should be about gaming.

Friend of mine has been begging me to get into Minecraft.
  20. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,969 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    980ß
    actually you want to get addicted and spend hours and hours, if not days playing a game w/no real purpose...play minecraft. It's like someone took the idea of lego's and morph'd it into a single player world, w/the option of non violent multi player interaction(my kids are to young to let them play multi player so I don't really know).

I got into it to help them, and ended up taking over one world for awhile, good lord, I made myself break the habit before it was to late.