Bullying on the Bears?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearstuff, Nov 7, 2013.

1. MikeGolf97

MikeGolf97 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    75ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    if i hear about "bullying" one more time i am gonna puke.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,878ß
    Bullying is a huge problem in the US. Puke away.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. MikeGolf97

MikeGolf97 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    75ß
    Only if your a cry baby sissy

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,878ß
    *you're

• Like Like x 3
  5. A-11

A-11 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Hazing can be tool that reinforces respect. Making a rookie carry your helmet or pads? This is a good thing. Wrapping up your 1st round rookie to a goal post, or taking an ice bath, etc... I'm fine with, just use common sense.

If you're a prospect the team expects to get a decade of production out of these are memories down the line that help build team chemistry. Same thing with coaches taking steps to break up cliques, adjusting seating patterns, and having to learn other people's roles.

HAZING should be one of the only non competitive aspect the team ever deals with. If you make a rookie take a group out and pay for dinner, it better be that same rookie you and the people in that group take out to lunch throughout the year.

The problem I see is that these guys are 95% all alpha males and the competitive drive is what got them into the locker room. Just have to be smart about it like Trestman appears to be and leave your taunts and ridicules with rookie night. After training camp, just STOP IT! You shouldn't have to do anything other then be a good team mate and coach up like you would anyone else. Welcome to the NFL point was made, time to work.

Keep it reasonable and something that does not become a competition. This is not a well I did this so you're going to have to do something more bull shit, or bull shit to start with. IT IS PRETTY DARN BASIC.

#15 A-11, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  6. Moth

Moth Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    Or someone who has trouble with spelling or punctuation, I agree.

• Like Like x 2
  7. A-11

A-11 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    The other thing that gets me is that between individuals there is no hazing. That is something different. If a coach asks a leader to lean on someone he is asking anonymously for the team or a team group to step in.

If there is ANY competition it should be with the creative ideas to be fairly used.

No one should be judge and jury and if your going to put someone down to rebuild them why give it a face?

I know you all should or do get it. Kinda sorry I posted. The whole topic is just over done and lacks any sense of reasoning.

8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    Hazing is one of those things that most people know how to do right, but due to the small percentage of people that don't have common sense, is looked down upon unfairly.

9. Strangerwithcandy11

Strangerwithcandy11 Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    408ß
    So many broomsticks and only one ass lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Loki

Loki Assault Admin
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,672ß
    Hell... my "congratulatory" hazing in 1985 resulted in my ENTIRE right arm turning black and blue and eventually being in a cast for 5 weeks. And I got yelled at for not being able to do certain things while in the cast.

Good times... good times...

I can only imagine the uproar now if anyone in the USN even thought about stuff like that now.

• Like Like x 2