Bullying on the Bears?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearstuff, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    I think that may mean you are masturbating too hard.:)
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,970 / 8 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    161ß
    Normally i don't give two shits about ESPN and their polls, but found this one pretty interesting:

[​IMG]

Interesting because you have over 130k people that voted, and yet it is an exact 50/50 split to the question, and mostly that split appears to be divided along political lines ("blue" states and "red" states, so its funny they color coded them that way)
  3. Loki

Loki Assault Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,055 / 12 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    179ß
    if you're gonna do it, damnit... do it right.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +767 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    170ß
    That map looks like a Dem/Rep chart.

I'm so tired of people getting their feelings hurt, and crying about it. Toughen up!!

Your feelings aren't protected in the constitution or the Bill of Rights.

We need to go back to bamboo shoots and water boarding if you're offsides, or commit a penalty.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    They're not? I'm hitting my representative up on this right now. I'm sure it's an oversight.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    227ß
    So, in your opinion then a big strong jock is perfectly able to pick on, harass, intimidate a smaller, glasses wearing bookworm just because he is able to, and the smaller less intimidating one is unable to defend himself?

How about the poor little kid who gets bullied because he is overweight (possibly due to genetics) or the handicapped kid who was born with disabilities.

Yeah... they need to toughen up. Great parent you are going to be. I can see it now.

You have a little child who suffers from a variety of ailments, making him different. Making him one of the kids that are bullied. He comes home crying because some bully beat him up. Called him names. Shoved him in the locker. You are going to laugh at him, tell him to toughen up. Great parenting.

Or

You have one of the bullying kids who harasses children who are different. He comes home gloating about how he terrorized another helpless victim and you slap him on the back and congratulate him on doing a great job.

For your sake, I hope you have a child like the first one. So you might actually change your thoughts on the matter. Though, knowing you (from what I can tell from your posts) you will likely have a response of "no child of mine will be a sissy who gets bullied". But, you never know. Maybe you will have a child who is considered a runt. Someone who no matter how much you push around and bully yourself (all in the intent to toughen him up) will still be the child who gets pushed around.

Then again, hopefully you never breed. The world would be better off without people like you who think it is okay to bully a child because they are different.

People like you make me sick.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,811 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    70ß
    Yeah, this is America. Here we just randomly kill people to "get even".........Just come back into the locker room and smoke 'em all. Martin was a damned "sissy" for failing to do this "The American Way"........isn't that how a lot of people now "settle things" in the workplace? Or they just randomly go to a school and kill children there.

On a serious note, I get so sick of people questioning Martin. Jonathan Martin is a hero in my eyes. He handled this the right way IMHO. Bullying is wrong in ANY place - even football locker rooms. Just because some things were tolerated in the past, doesn't make them right. Hopefully most folks are "better people" than this. If the NFL doesn't clean up its act (on many levels) it will ultimately hurt the sport we love. And that's a damned shame.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  8. Strangerwithcandy11

Strangerwithcandy11 Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,469 / 14 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    Most of the people who are in "favor" of bullying or (toughen up) fancy themselves bad ass's. Aint nobody gonna bully me and if they do I's whip they ass. The reality is not everyone is capable of standing up to a bully. A lot of the time it takes someone in the bullies peer group to stand up to to them. If you see someone picking on a weaker person YOU should stand up to the bully. Don't push that responsibility off on the person who is obviously weaker. Be the man you think you are and take on the asshole.

Then again you can walk away and say that it isn't your problem and IF they did it to you things would be different. Early morning rant over lol
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    227ß
    Most of the times, these bullies are also dependent on their groups. Most of the time these bullies hide behind their friends and the whole group gangs up on the poor defenseless child. Yeah, that is bravery and toughness. Outnumber an already weaker and defenseless person.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +767 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    170ß
    Not everyone needs to be toughen up.

Some people are just too darn sensitive and need some scares to thicken their skin. :D
  11. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,155 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    • Like Like x 1
  12. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +483 / 3 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    83ß
    Yet some get daddy's gun and go on a shooting spree. lol
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,811 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    70ß
    Good read. It's worth reading the entire piece.

14. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    The key word here is cliques, how many of us as kids divided our teams by what team you went for or what side of bridge/tracks you grew up on. We humans are made to create tight knit groups it's how we survived all these years. It's when you stray from this tight group or are the new outsider needing to prove their worth to the group. There are right ways to go about doing it and wrong ways to go about doing it. Everyone has a part to play here from the people testing the noob the right way and the noob responding appropriately in the face of the said conflict. If one or both sides break down in the COMMON SENSE act of the process bad bad things happen. Problem is society has never been able to legislate common sense (Democrat/Republican) that is why we live in a pc environment so the answer ends up being no to any conflict of any sort good or bad. It then essentially boils down to treating all people like morons and we know what happens to a moronic society over time it's called extinction.
  15. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,811 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    70ß
    I just figure you treat people with dignity and respect, no matter where they come from. I don't wish bad on anyone. If a person behaves badly to me, then I just move on and let them live their miserable lives. Their loss. I guess I was just raised that way by my parents. I've spent my entire life around alpha males. First in the Marine Corps, and then 30 years of police work. Sometimes we found we had bullies on the department. When we realized what we had, we fired them, or if they had broken any laws they went to prison. We always called that "cleaning our own laundry" to keep it a good department. You gotta wonder about a football franchise that even brings a guy like Incognito to their team. To me, that's a red flag right there. They knew they were getting a lunatic from a long long history of being a problem. A cancer. But they brought him in and let him do about whatever he wanted to whomever he wanted. The monkey was running the zoo.

This is all going to come out in the end, and the Dolphins are going to look pretty bad. They've already lost two starters to this mess. And it's going to take awhile to recover some dignity there as an organization. So bringing in a jerk like Incognito wasn't a smart move to begin with. It's not like they're winning Super Bowls down there with the guy. They crapped in their own pants, and now they're going to have to live with the stench for awhile. Good.
  16. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    Tough place to be. Two guys might have just ended their own careers. One of them deserved it from all I have read.
    I have no idea how it will all end, but the whole idea of the rite of passage thing is kid stuff. They are now grown men. They need to act like it. You can have fun without demeaning others. And yeah... he probably should have cracked a few in the mouth. As many as he could before they took him down.
  17. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    1 is going to sue Dolphins and the NFL for a good chunk of money and do quite well without ever playing another snap in football. Then write book about the entire fiasco. The other will play again when this blows over when a team is in desperation or just wants a crazy mean linemen ask Vick.
  18. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    This sounds like it's based on COMMON SENSE now try instituting this philosophy. Good Luck
    • Like Like x 2
  19. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    227ß
    Common sense.. something that seems to be lacking in this day in age..... I can think of two posters on this board who do not have an ounce of it.
  20. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,811 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    70ß
    Good read. I especially agree with this part:
    "The locker room is the workplace. "All hell is going to break loose," said a league source. "You have a right to feel safe. As an employer, we are supposed to provide you a safe place to work." Even in the locker room the rules apply."

[​IMG]