Bullying on the Bears?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearstuff, Nov 7, 2013.

1. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    796ß
    Ratings:
    +1,602 / 0 / -3
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!

• Like Like x 1
  2. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    885ß
    Ratings:
    +876 / 4 / -6
    Yet some get daddy's gun and go on a shooting spree. lol

3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,355ß
    Ratings:
    +4,632 / 4 / -1
    Good read. It's worth reading the entire piece.

4. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    551ß
    Ratings:
    +783 / 1 / -0
    The key word here is cliques, how many of us as kids divided our teams by what team you went for or what side of bridge/tracks you grew up on. We humans are made to create tight knit groups it's how we survived all these years. It's when you stray from this tight group or are the new outsider needing to prove their worth to the group. There are right ways to go about doing it and wrong ways to go about doing it. Everyone has a part to play here from the people testing the noob the right way and the noob responding appropriately in the face of the said conflict. If one or both sides break down in the COMMON SENSE act of the process bad bad things happen. Problem is society has never been able to legislate common sense (Democrat/Republican) that is why we live in a pc environment so the answer ends up being no to any conflict of any sort good or bad. It then essentially boils down to treating all people like morons and we know what happens to a moronic society over time it's called extinction.

5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,355ß
    Ratings:
    +4,632 / 4 / -1
    I just figure you treat people with dignity and respect, no matter where they come from. I don't wish bad on anyone. If a person behaves badly to me, then I just move on and let them live their miserable lives. Their loss. I guess I was just raised that way by my parents. I've spent my entire life around alpha males. First in the Marine Corps, and then 30 years of police work. Sometimes we found we had bullies on the department. When we realized what we had, we fired them, or if they had broken any laws they went to prison. We always called that "cleaning our own laundry" to keep it a good department. You gotta wonder about a football franchise that even brings a guy like Incognito to their team. To me, that's a red flag right there. They knew they were getting a lunatic from a long long history of being a problem. A cancer. But they brought him in and let him do about whatever he wanted to whomever he wanted. The monkey was running the zoo.

This is all going to come out in the end, and the Dolphins are going to look pretty bad. They've already lost two starters to this mess. And it's going to take awhile to recover some dignity there as an organization. So bringing in a jerk like Incognito wasn't a smart move to begin with. It's not like they're winning Super Bowls down there with the guy. They crapped in their own pants, and now they're going to have to live with the stench for awhile. Good.

6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,801ß
    Ratings:
    +3,629 / 13 / -0
    Tough place to be. Two guys might have just ended their own careers. One of them deserved it from all I have read.
    I have no idea how it will all end, but the whole idea of the rite of passage thing is kid stuff. They are now grown men. They need to act like it. You can have fun without demeaning others. And yeah... he probably should have cracked a few in the mouth. As many as he could before they took him down.

7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    551ß
    Ratings:
    +783 / 1 / -0
    1 is going to sue Dolphins and the NFL for a good chunk of money and do quite well without ever playing another snap in football. Then write book about the entire fiasco. The other will play again when this blows over when a team is in desperation or just wants a crazy mean linemen ask Vick.

8. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    551ß
    Ratings:
    +783 / 1 / -0
    This sounds like it's based on COMMON SENSE now try instituting this philosophy. Good Luck

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,023ß
    Ratings:
    +2,848 / 7 / -9
    Common sense.. something that seems to be lacking in this day in age..... I can think of two posters on this board who do not have an ounce of it.

10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,355ß
    Ratings:
    +4,632 / 4 / -1
    Good read. I especially agree with this part:
    "The locker room is the workplace. "All hell is going to break loose," said a league source. "You have a right to feel safe. As an employer, we are supposed to provide you a safe place to work." Even in the locker room the rules apply."

[​IMG]