Can Marquess Wilson Make Chicago Bears’ Offense Better in 2014?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Jan 28, 2014.

1. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +234 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    666ß
    BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA !!!

Now goddammit ... that was actually fucking funny !

And man did that hurt for a laff. Dayrle Drake ... what a killer of BEARS WR's.

Is he still in the NFL destroying other teams WR's?
  2. mshu7

mshu7 Veteran

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    158ß
    He is the WR's "coach" in Arizona.
  3. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +234 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    666ß
    At least Arizonas got a tough defense.
  4. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +179 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    101ß
    I have watched quite a bit of tape on MW, and he definitely has the talent and measurables. He would have been a much higher pick if not for his troubles in school. My real concern is his body composition. He is not built very well for the slot, which is where he'll be playing. If he manages another 15 lbs this offseason, then I will fill better about his longevity.
  5. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +234 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    666ß
    Slots a funny position to play ... its not about size or weight ... its about heart ... nobody in their right gourd wants to come over the middle and get slammed by a combination LB and Safety to be tackled.

But the fuckers that excell in it like Wesley Walker (NE not Denver) ... Eric Decker ... and ... Ill go there ... Devon Hester in his prime ,

were not the biggest kids on the block.

And Ill go with this right the fuck now ... Pre-prison Hernandaz for NE once RUSHED for 150 yds in one game. Ok he was a TE.

BUT ... can we think like that ? Like ... WTF ?? I never expected Wilson to rush for 80 yards in a game ... Trestman must be a genius.

If Forte can be a WR ... why cant it be reversed?
  6. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +179 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    101ß
    I'm not saying it can't be reversed. I think he has the talent to be very productive in the slot. The difference between him and the others that you mentioned is his height, and his slight build. Welker is hard to target because of his height. Decker is built more heavily than MW. I would feel much better about him getting punished in the middle of the field if he weighed another 15 lbs.
  7. kevperro

kevperro Veteran

Ratings:
    +213 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    281ß
    It isn't just build... there are some people you can hit with a hammer and they get back up and act as though nothing happened. In college he was the speed guy. He wasn't required to take a pounding. I think putting him in that role in the NFL would be a mistake. He needs to be used according to his talents. He isn't Tom Waddle.