Can we please stop making excuses for the defense?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Sep 29, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,798 / 5 / -4
    Phat, Tillman is still a stud, but Anderson, Briggs and DJ have been playing really well, up until he was moved out of positions Paea was having his best year so far, and Jennings has played well aslo.

I don't believe for one minute that Urlacher or Roach(who they would have also resigned under Lovie) would have played better then DJ and Anderson(the guys they brought in for the same money they would have offered them).

Hot Rod, ya that hurt, but he left the Bears, not vice versa. Tucker needs to say to hell w/the old system and start doing more to bring in his own system b/c the team isn't capable of running a cover 2 where only the front 4 get pressure. He needs to start blitzing w/a CB or LB more often b/c it was working well, Briggs and DJ both have accounted for 3 sacks in th first 3 games, keep it up imo.
  2. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +211 / 1 / -0
    I agree, phatdude. Well said.
  3. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +211 / 1 / -0
    Hot Rod, ya that hurt, but he left the Bears, not vice versa. Tucker needs to say to hell w/the old system and start doing more to bring in his own system b/c the team isn't capable of running a cover 2 where only the front 4 get pressure. He needs to start blitzing w/a CB or LB more often b/c it was working well, Briggs and DJ both have accounted for 3 sacks in th first 3 games, keep it up imo.

^^^^^^^Ric, I agree with you 110%!!!!!!
  4. MPbears68

MPbears68

Ratings:
    +837 / 1 / -0
    Yeah, at this point I think the risk of blitzing (that you thin your pass coverage) is out-weighed by the risk of not blitzing (that the front 4 can't get there on their own).

Maybe not if we played Ponder and Blaine Gabbert every week but the better QBs like Brees will pick you apart if given time, no matter how many you drop into coverage.