Carey a Great Fit as Forte's Backup?...................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Jun 24, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,938ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Lefkoe and Simms do a little analysis with a video accompaniment about how they see Ka'Deen Carey as a fit for the Bears #2 RB. Once again the video will not embed so all I can provide it the link to it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/..._medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=chicago-bears

The Chicago Bears selected Ka'Deem Carey with the 117th overall pick of the 2014 NFL draft.
    What skills did Carey show in college that are perfect for the Bears offense? How will Chicago deploy him in its scheme?

Watch as Adam Lefkoe and Bleacher Report NFL Analyst Chris Simms discuss Carey's fit with Chicago in the video above.

2. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,938ß
    Let me say that I'm really not anymore impressed with Chris Simms analytical skills than I was his QB skills but the videos do reveal some things about the way Carey runs and how he differs from Forte.

He may not have much top end speed but with his shorter strides and quick feet he gets up to speed very quickly and because of his more compact running style he moves well in tight spaces. He darts through holes very quickly looking to head up field. Forte is more of a long strider who needs some room to maneuver for his game to work as well. Carey height may also be a bit of an advantage allowing him to stay lower and harder to target behind a taller OL.

In the NFL this may or may not make a difference but Carey seems to be the kind or back who seldom loses yardage because he's almost always moving North and very seldom East or West.

3. BearJim

BearJim
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    116ß
    Yeah Soul, I seen that earlier today. I really like the kid & was very happy when we got him in the 4th rd. He doesn't have great speed but he can run ya over or make you miss & he's a good receiver. His lack of speed makes his YPC (5.4) even more impressive. Like they said in the video we can run the exact same offense when he gives Forte a rest.

4. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,621ß
    Lets see how he performs first . I remember when Darnell Autry was drafted by the Bears after a great career at Northwestern . Kid had good feet and always seemed like he was about to break a big run , but always got caught at that moment when 1 more step would have set him free . Never had that little extra burst that would have made him stick . Really frustrating to watch .

• Like Like x 2
  5. 4dabers

4dabers
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Wow, there's a name from the past, but now that you brought him back to the front of my mind, you are absolutely right.

There is just no way to know. I'm just as excited about this kid as I am the rest of the rookies, but you just don't know with Running Backs. In addition to Autry, you can bring up Bennet who was a real let down, you can bring up Forte who could have been a first rounder for the production he's given us. I think 1/10 of a second is over rated for a RB and we could have gotten a bargain for this kid were we got him. Lets face it, a burner in the backfield is nice, but I would rather have quickness over pure speed. Our beloved Walter was a perfect example of that thought process.

6. JoeBear

JoeBear
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    78ß
    I have been a Carey fan for years having watched him at UA. I really wanted the Bears to draft him and I am happy they did.

Of course only time will tell if he has the stuff to play in the NFL. There have been plenty of highly touted backs that turned out to be duds. But I have always liked the way he makes every yard count, always falls forward and gets "sneaky" open as a receiver.

Can he block? We will find out. Can he take the pounding? We will find out. I like to think he is a good fit as a option to Forte and hope we will be cheering fro him for a long time.

7. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,938ß
    I'd almost forgotten about Autry and his near misses. It's tough to tell just watching Carey's college stuff because I'm not sure how the reactions times of the OL and LBs he faced compares with the NFL but he's very quick to the hole and his change of direction skills are terrific. Keeps his balance well too.

They sure aren't gonna just hand him the job as long as Ford and Lynch are there to keep the pressure up. I just like the fact that he a one cut guy whose always moving North. I hate RBs who dance looking to break away and then get nailed for losses. He doesn't appear to be that type.

8. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    I have pretty high hopes for Carey. Hence, my sig. :woot:

• Bear Down! Bear Down! x 3
  9. mshu7

mshu7
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    351ß
    I hope Carey succeeds. Beyond the #2 spot though, I'd really like to see Senorise Perry, the UFDA out of Louisville get that #3 spot. Watching his highlight reel, he has good vision, waits on his blockers, doesn't shy from contact, and doesn't go down easy. I know that Lynch is the hometown favorite, but Perry sure looks like he belongs. Plus, he played ST's at Louisville, which will benefit the Bears ST.

Forte / Carey / Perry would be my vote! :18 1 205:

#9 mshu7, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JJ-30

JJ-30
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    400ß
    Speed is great to see in a RB, but it's not the only thing that counts, I like the way this kid can shift to avoid a tackle. One big difference between what little I have seen of Carey is that Forte runs to where the hole is suppose to be in the line and this kid seems to ran where the hole really is in the line. Might only be the highlights but I hope it's the way he runs.

• Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1