Cause for Concern with the Trestman system?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Aug 13, 2013.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,254ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    @thekapman reporting sources on #Trestman system says #Bears "can't pick up system and don't like system"

I know Kaplan is a tool, but if this has any credibility, are you concerned?

2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,859ß
    If a bunch of Canucks could pick it up and win a couple of Championships with it, then these players have no reason to complain. If they cant? Time to find some new players who will.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,730ß
    I am concerned if it has any credibility. Why can't a bunch of guys in the NFL pick up his system? They were able to do it under Trestman in the CFL. Not saying the NFL is in another league (okay, so that was kinda fun...) but it certainly is no worse. Can Lovie's cast-offs be that much worse than what Trestman had in Montreal. If there is any truth to this, it has to be more in regards to Trestman (in the sense that he is not Lovie) than having any real merit. We have some pretty smart guys and it's not like this is the first time Trestman is trying to teach the system, so he knows it and has proven he can teach it.

Not sure what to make of this, but it actually would not surprise me just because of the lingering love for Lovie

#3 Bearsinhouston, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,859ß
    Probably has more to do with accepting change then anything. Unless the players are whining about the fact they are idiots, if so...find some players who arent.

In any case, i think they will do just fine as they get more used to it. It will take a few weeks of the regular season before it starts coming together, but they will grasp it eventually. If not? Then Emery will most certainly find players in the draft so Trestman can shape and teach them the system from day 1.

• Like Like x 3
  5. The Benjamin

Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,254ß
    correct. Remember, most of the players on the Bears are currently in their contract year

6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß
    I'll take Hoge's response:

Adam Hoge on 670 talking. Said the biggest new Bear is Trestman. Hoge said that the biggest thing is that Trestman can coach. At times last year there were issues w/calls getting in, and confusion about the call, and no issues so far like that w/Trestman. It seems that Trestman has a plan. He doesn't appeared to be overmatched, everyone seems on board and buying in. Trestman does spend time w/D as well as O, but 90% of D is all Tucker.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    After seeing 3 1/2 (Tice basically ran a *****er version of Martz') systems fail under Lovie Smith because of bad coaching and low quality players, I'm siding with the coaches, if their system actually becomes an issue to the players. I don't buy that any of the players are legitimately upset, but saying that were true, we finally have a proven coaching staff, and none of the offensive players have any room for complaints, lest Trestman shows a baffling inability to change scheme mid-game.

8. AtomicTommy

AtomicTommy DaBears Ditka

ßearz ßuckz:
    323ß
    We've been reading pretty much everywhere else that the players ARE buying into the system (D isn't that different to begin with, so I assume we are talking about offense?)... so... enter Kaplan with "sources" saying the team can't pick it up? I would buy that a few players aren't buying into it... but to just hashtag the whole #Bears team... I don't buy it... anyways...

I mean, we know this dude's attitude... I think we can all agree that Cutler isn't the type of dude that is going to try and sell something to the media like this unless he means it... if Cutler wasn't buying in, we'd have either heard about it, or he wouldn't say shit and just mope.

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Benjamin

Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,254ß
    Key words though Tommy.

Buy in and pick it up.

They may buy into and believe in the idea of the offense, but picking it up and understanding it is something different

10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß
    "can't pick up system and don't like system"

Benj, if they don't like they system they are not going to buy into the system. Kaplan is talking out of his arse