CBS: Bears Would Be Ideal For ‘Hard Knocks’

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Jan 24, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,830 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    85ß
    While I personally hope it doesn't happen because I think it's an unnecessary distraction, I believe there is a good chance this happens. This is a huge market, and there are Bears fans worldwide - we see this at every "away" game. There's always a significant Chicago fan base. If it's all about the money, then count on the Bears getting forced to be the next team on Hard Knocks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Strangerwithcandy11

Strangerwithcandy11 Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,475 / 14 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    I don't watch much t.v but I would watch this. I'm part of the problem lol
    • Like Like x 2
  3. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    I've made it clear that I would absolutely love the idea of getting a look inside the Bears, but the author of the article does make some good points:
    Cutler, love him or hate him he might make good TV
    Trestman is not the typical coach speach type guy
    One of the biggest Markets
    And Of course the Black Unicorn would be a hoot.

Come on HBO show my Bears!!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,830 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    85ß
    +1

I'd watch it too :-)

From our perspective it would be great. And maybe it wouldn't be much of a distraction. It just seems like it would be awkward to have the players and coaches knowing everything is recorded for public viewing.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. latorreedgar

latorreedgar Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I would sign up for HBO just to watch this
  6. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    I have to admit that I would sign up for HBO to watch the show.

I love the reference to a 56 year old Mannelly in the article. LOL.
  7. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I can Attest that there are ALOT of Bears fans up here in Toronto, Canada. When they played the Bills here (Toronto is a HUGE Bills City) At least 50% of the People in the stands were wearing some sort of Bears fan clothing. Not to mention that because the Bears is 1 of the oldest teams in the league there are probably TONS of hidden fans everywhere as was stated above and as was also stated I would not want that attention for my beloved Bears I would also like to see a bit of how they mesh from the inside. I would also think that this could bring the team closer together by providing a Us vs Them metality with Cutler being a closely scrutinized team leader...... "We gotta protect or QB!" and "Let's cover his ass and make them pay!" could be heard all the way to the Super Bowl!!!!!

hahah Imagine if you all could lol
  8. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +638 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    I tend to agree with the point that the Bears would be a logical choice for all of the good points listed above. I would also sign up for HBO temporarily if this were to happen, but I still don't like the idea. I still think it would be too much of a distraction for guys that need to be focusing on taking the next step on Offense or learning a new defense. I know people will say "They are professionals", but many of them are VERY young adults that lack maturity and may be worried more about getting some camera time that listening to their coach. It's human nature.

That said, they always say don't worry about things you have no control over, and this is out of the hands of the Bears FO.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +480 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    304ß
    I would question how much valuable information could be learned by the opposing teams. I am thinking it would allow teams such as the Packers to potentially learn many if not all of the options we have from a given offensive set/ presnap look
  10. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    They simply do not show that much (formation wise or plays) to be worried that it would give away any secrets.
    It is more about covering a rookies or a bubble player as they try to get on the roster, some of the decisions that the coaching staff must make and more of a reality type TV show.

There might be a distraction having the cameras there all the time but I honestly believe that there will be no trade secrets revealed
  11. BearDownUnder

BearDownUnder Veteran

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    How do they choose between the 8 eligible teams if no one volunteers? Obviously the bears are big market but our coaches don't seem the type to set a good story line. Not exactly Rex Ryan with Trestman. Then again they edit it in to a nicely polished story line pretty easily so they could get something.
  12. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,461 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    250ß
    you have marshal and DaOD, that is all the characters you need. Mannally is actually very charasmatic. I think you'd find enough to get by for "compelling" tv.