CBS Chicago: "Cutler Gets It — No Excuses, Loss Was On Him"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 30, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,646 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,145ß
    FWIW

2. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    The guy had a bad game, no two ways about it. However, go talk to Joe Flacco if you want to see what a REALLY bad game looks like. The point is, everyone has them and if we choose to forget the good and only look at the bad, then we aren't being honest. Does anyone remember some of those game saving throws he made in the first three games? There are damn few QB's that can make some of those throws. Let's get over it and move on. If we start having more of these games and fewer of the first three, then we have a problem.
    • Like Like x 6
  3. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    Flacco threw 5 picks yesterday, and he won the SB last year. And it was by far the worst game I have ever seen him play. He had a chance to take the lead at the end of the game and was unable to make the last drive.

The Ravens are 2-2 now, but they are still in the hunt. Just like the Bears, at 3-1.

Jay played terrible and he admitted it. Nothing can be done about that loss other than to learn from it.

Time to look at the Saints. They get a short week (they play tonight) and we have them at home (much better than playing them in the dome).
    • Like Like x 4
  4. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +907 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    898ß
    Exactly. Cutler has shown remarkable maturity this year. In the past, under Lovie he would be sulking. He also takes responsibility for his part. Don't worry guys, we'll bounce back.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,260 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,428ß
    Should we also look at Flacco's first 5 years in the league compared to Cutlers? Or do you just want to compare last night b/c it fits your storyline?

from wiki:
    In his rookie year, Flacco started all 16 regular season games, and by leading the Ravens to two road wins in the 2008–09 NFL Playoffs, he became both the eighth rookie quarterback in NFL history to start a playoff game and the first rookie quarterback in league history to win two of them. In his second season, he improved his numbers, setting single season franchise records for completion percentage (63.1) and quarterback rating (88.9), and in his third season he became first all-time in Ravens history for passing yards (10,206) and passing touchdowns (60). Flacco has set consecutive NFL records for most starts by a quarterback in each of his five seasons,[1] bringing his team to the playoffs and winning at least one postseason game in each of those years. With Flacco as Baltimore's starting quarterback, the Ravens have won the AFC North twice, appeared in three AFC Championship Games, and won Super Bowl XLVII. Flacco was named Super Bowl XLVII's MVP, concluding a postseason run in which he tied Joe Montana's single postseason record for touchdown passes (11) without an interception.

Wanna see what Cutlers post season looks like? As bad as Flacco was last game, or is during the reg season of last year, same w/Eli, their post seasons and SB/s are what matter. If/when Cutler has those, he'll get the slack they'll get b/c he'll have earned that slack.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. motownbear

motownbear derp daderp daderpidity derp Staff Member Staff Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    cutler should have taken the high road and blamed the diabetes lol
    • Like Like x 2
  7. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß

I guess I was comparing Flacco and Cutler, but I really did not mean to. My point was supposed to be that every QB has a bad day.

Believe it or not Flacco is not highly reguarded in the Baltimore Area. Most people here consider him just an average QB that has no Passion or has a lack of leadership. It is crazy that with all his accomplishments, he rarely gets praise on the talk radio or local press.

It sounds a lot like the Chicago Fan base. I never give a pass to a QB that is playing poorly, but I am also happy to have a talented QB, that has the ability to win games. Cutler is not a miracle man but I still believe in him.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +703 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    315ß
    You know, I was thinking about this during the game. He was so off on everything, I thought maybe his diabetes was not properly under control. They didn't show him on the sidelines doing anything special, so I doubt that was it. but who knows?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß

I blame Angelo
    • Like Like x 3
  10. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +656 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    430ß
    Best post of the day. lol
    • Like Like x 1
  11. phatdude

phatdude Veteran

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    Not to sound like "Mr. Optimism", but it's probably good Jay had a mini meltdown to see how Trestman handles it. In a perfect world "Old Jay" may never resurface. I say we may see "Old Jay" pop up now and then, but hopefully Trestman will have a way to deal with it. I'd rather have a Jay Meltdown in the beginning of the season then at the end. This is why I hate preseason so much. You never really test your vets, and then you have to start testing them in the real season.
  12. Bear_40

Bear_40 Veteran

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    Put Flacco with Lovie, Tice, Martz and all the other lousy OC's under JA/Lovie and the story changes....
  13. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    415ß
    He got sloppy with his mechanics ( again ) and that has to stop . And freezing in the pocket making himself an easy target for Suh was mindboggeling to me . Hopefully he learns from it and plays solidly the rest of the season . I think he will but only time will tell .
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    What's wrong with your statements is that Flacco has ONE MORE SUPER BOWL TROPHY than Cutler will probably ever have. Flacco delivered last year when it mattered. Cutler has never done that. And the Ravens were gutted this offseason. You can't even compare the Bears to the Ravens.
  15. 4th and 26

Ratings:
    +656 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    430ß
    Stop making excuses to slam cutler. We all know that the ravens were gutted but and I mean but Flaco had a supporting cast around him, he was not coached by lovie and his bumbling idiots he called coached. Ray Rice is a stud of a rb and the wrs of the ravens are better than the bears wrs except for Marshall. The point I am making to you is that Jay had a bad game yet other great qbs have had some brutal games this year. That pusscake Eli Manning is taking a huge beating this year and he has more SB rings then both qbs.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    No one can coach Cutler. If Ditka or Lombardi were around they'd say, "What is this shit you gave me at QB?" Jay is not a first year QB and DET is a real threat in this division. Just imagine how bad the Packers are going to work Cutler. This loss to DET is just a harbinger of more bad things to come with the Cutler Clown behind center. Put 911 on speed dial. Cause we're gonna raped some more with Cutler.
  17. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    56ß
    Its called maning up for you people that don't know that is what leaders do when things don't go right
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  18. 4th and 26

Ratings:
    +656 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    430ß
    Do you really watch games or just gloat over Cutlers bad game? All I see is a big I told you so rant from you. I personally don't care if Jay has good or bad games since ALL qbs have these games. Drew Breese had a brutal last year, Eli manning has some of the greatest games as a qb and some of the worst games a qb can have. Brett favre kept both teams in games and even Peyton Manning has his bad games. Big Ben in another qb that either sucks real bad or plays real great. It is no secret that Jay struggles vs the packers but I have some faith we might beat the packers this year.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,646 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,145ß
    I have the feeling we can/will beat the Saints. Trestman sure seems like the kind of guy who can settle the team down, regroup & come out with a solid game plan against the Saints. If so, and Cutler has a good day (I think he will have a MUCH better outing, even though N.O. is a solid defense). We're at home too.

My feeling is that the team will get back on track, and get better (a lot better) by the 9th week when we face Green Bay. I still think we can beat Green Bay too. I know that sounds crazy, but I think we can. Let's see if the defense can make some adjustments to help too.
  20. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    If Ditka was around, he'd put in Doug Flutie.

The defense rests...
    • Like Like x 1