CBS Chicago: "Cutler Gets It — No Excuses, Loss Was On Him"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Because he sucks and we need to stop pretending he's going to get better...
  2. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    That's a good point Shark & I was thinking the same thing. Maybe that's why he has these games like this sometimes. I hope not & I'm sure he stays on top of it but who knows.
  3. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +485 / 3 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    83ß

If Ditka were around he would trade an entire draft for a pot smoking runningback.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +436 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    But I still liked the Flutie idea he's was a frickin winner a lot like Brees. Just all around QB smart with good arm and the will to win. Screw McMahon and his BS about his problems with Flutie he knew Flutie was better then him and couldn't face it.
  5. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3 good 1 bad game

I take this over the season. This would put us at 12-4 at the end of the year with Jay getting more attention than before while staying healthy. This was on Cutler, we all know it and Jay knows it too. I don't see the problem. Still hope to get him signed longterm. Still have many holes on the Roster we need to fill with 1st and 2nd rounders. Can't pick a QB that high with Jay loving to play for us.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +114 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Jay doesn't suck. Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Brandon Weeden. These QBs suck. Cutler does not. Let's let the season play out, and then we can make a determination on our future at the position.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +637 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    I thought about that too, but I didn't want to bring it up as I would be considered a Cutler apologist again. I think it is within the realm of possibility, but the logical argument is that it doesn't matter. it's an issue he has to be able to overcome if he wants to continue to be an NFL QB, and as stated above, most QB's go through "Good Rex/Bad Rex" games; we Bear fans just seem to think it only happens to OUR QB's and the media perpetuates it.
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,816 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    75ß
    Two thoughts. On the first point, that it may be a medical issue with Jay, I'm wondering the same thing. He just didn't "look good" physically. Surely the Bears have covered this base and had an extensive medical screen completed on him. It may or may not have anything to do with the diabetes, and it could be some other medical issue. Heck, I've even wondered if the baby may be keeping him up (I know I was a zombie at work for awhile after my kids were born). But something is wrong with Jay in these games. You can see it on his face.

Second point. I agree that even the best QB's have bad games. Even guys like Peyton Manning. But Rex and Jay are different IMHO. They have games where they seem to just fall apart mentally. Both guys have (had) a lot of physical abuse in games & injuries too. So maybe it's a "fear factor" thing. Who knows. But I do know that this is not the case with a Peyton Manning or any of the better QB's. They can have bad multi-int games, but it's not a situation where they look overwhelmed or even scared (I've never seen this in Peyton.......even in his worst turnover games).

Rex and Jay have something "different" going on here. It's mental. And I don't mean that as a slam on Jay in any way. Just trying to figure out what's going on with him. I want the guy to succeed here in Chicago.
  9. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +481 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    52ß
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4686599/cutler-dispels-rumors-of-illness
    Well that's good (?!?!) news. Jay says he just screwed up, it wasn't sickness. I guess we can forget that idea. I imagined they had the diabetes under control, but with the rumor of the IV you have to wonder. So it's back to getting the mechanics and timing down. And getting the fear of 153 sacks out of his head. That alone may take some time.
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,816 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    75ß
    That's probably the "sickness" that he had. Suh fever & the Fairley flu. He needs to get his flu shot before he comes down with the Clay Matthews virus this Fall. :D
  11. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Cutler does suck. Which is why...if we have a sensible GM...they will not pay this guy an absurd +$10 million a year. Cutler has never won at the CFB level. Why is anyone shocked that he can't win at the NFL level? What's that record at Vanderbilt again? 11-35? Gimme a break. Get a clue as to what a winning QB looks like.
  12. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +485 / 3 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    83ß
    [​IMG]
  13. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +163 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    79ß
    Shit happens ... its not a perfect game.
    Thats why 50 % of teams lose every week.
    • Like Like x 2