Chargers game review

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Strangerwithcandy11

Strangerwithcandy11
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    421ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    So you're going out on a limb and saying Lenz will be one of the first cuts? That took some guts yo. I like Ford as well.

2. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,700ß
    What I'm really saying is that based on what I saw of him tonight he isn't a guy I could use if I'm running that team. And it had less to do with the fumble that it did watching him run. When he took that next punt towards the sideline he began to accelerate but he had to gear down to make his cut when the first tackler showed up and was brought down. Watch Hester when he returns. Once he turns upfield he never breaks stride and flows through his changes in direction at full speed.

Knox and Manning could do the same on their KOR. It's tough to get a good hit on a guy moving opposite you that quickly and the pursuit can't catch you or move to close a running lane. Lenz is supposed to have 4.36 speed but that's not what I saw tonight. I haven't seen him in practices so I'm only guessing about his receiving skills but if the kid has to break stride to make his cuts on a punt return then I'd say there's a good chance he needs to gear down to make his cuts on his pass routes too and when you do that you lose separation. Maybe he can do the long ball thing or take quick slants at full speed but I think as far as his overall running skills they're less than his straight line speed would indicate. JMHO

3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,117ß
    I think that was Hub's point also, besides RT is a harder position to play.

4. kegstand

kegstand
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    [​IMG]
    Bostic creating separation.

• Like Like x 3
  5. deuvl

deuvl
    Expand Collapse

ßearz ßuckz:
    Enjoyed seeing some free publicity for our Montreal Alouettes. To think we only get 2 pre-season games. We used to get 4.

6. mdbearz

mdbearz
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    254ß
    I have not seen the game yet (sucks being out of Market). So how did Webb play when he was in?

It would be great if we had the depth to cut him, but Britton and Scott both have had injuries, so a healthy Webb might be better than either guy :(

7. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,117ß
    I thought he looked okay from what I saw of him, but some reviews on 670 from beat writers were less then glowing, so who knows. Again they need to find someone that can play LT, and it sounds like(from what I've heard) is that it's really only Scott that will give him a run for his job. But if Scott is healthy Webb might well not make the team.

Same w/Ford btw, Ford, outside of his 1 KR and 1 run, really didn't do much and his job will depend on if Allen is healthy, as reported on 670. They said Allen is a 4 phase ST'r, and even though he had the fumble last week, Ford had a missed pass pro block, and another missed assignment somewhere, and is not going to push Hester for KR duties b/c of a 100yr return against guys that will have 40hr jobs in 2-3 weeks.