Chi v Balt what we learned

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Nov 17, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,467 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    262ß
    McCown is still a substandard qb I would perfer to never see take the field, but he's lightyears ahead of where he's ever been. And he no longer frightens me when he's out there, there ya happy ;)

But yes I was replying to the moronic dig CCB took at Cutler.
  2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +936 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    241ß
    Bostic is working out well for us, but I haven't seen anyone mention something I noticed. On Rice's 47 yard run, Bostic over pursued badly, leaving his gap wide open which Rice ran through. If he stays in his gap/lane, that was a 6 yard play.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,467 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    262ß
    Ya Bostic is still a rookie and he shows it several times a game. But he is playing better each week, so I'm willing to give him a pass since he's a rookie that wasn't supposed to star t this year.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,836 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    All of the rookies getting playing time this year, will sure be a step ahead next season. I still want to have a solid finish to THIS season, but I can't help but think about our team NEXT season too.
  5. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,162 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß

^^^This. We'll see what kind of tactician he is next year without the system or injury hurdles. He'll be handed quite a few defensive resources in the draft and FA so excuses should be limited.
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,836 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    Trestman seems like a smart guy who will leverage what he's learned this 1st season as a head coach in the NFL, and make adjustments next season. Emery will have another opportunity to upgrade the roster too. I'm very excited about the future.
  7. billatter

billatter Veteran

Ratings:
    +154 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    I think you'll see a change next year for at least to my eyes, he still hasn't gotten the CFL completely out of his system (i.e. the gambling, the pass first approach in key situations, trying the unexpected, etc.) I won't be surprised if he becomes more conventional over time.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,214 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    Oh god, that just gave me this scary image of Trestman slowly going bald from this year to next, while becoming physically unable to show any type of emotion, and just having this weird, blank look on his face while trying to figure out why he's wasting his time on wide receivers, when there's so many defensive ends and safeties to be drafted multiple times each offseason.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    The upside would be a better ability to throw the red flag.
  10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,214 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    While that is true, if Trestman slowly turned into Lovie Smith, that he would throw a red flag better, it wouldn't have a good impact on the game, because Lovie was as moronic in his decisions to throw them like he was a drunk fan, trying to throw **** all over the field.
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,836 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    The dynamic duo...

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,214 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    It's like going from Clooney as Batman to Christian Bale.
  13. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    yeah... there is that to consider...
  14. dinwitty

dinwitty Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    power -just- came back on, was watching the game (recording it also) then game delay, then game resumed ..then the weather hit here (SW MI) I have never seen such a thick rainfall ever. It was gushing, windy, then the power went out.
    Threw batteries in the radio to listen to the game, still no power, I ran out to eat and found a restaurant with multiple sports screens and watched the game to finish...oooboy, bears WIN!

Some of you guys are thrashing on McCowen but he got the win, sure, the Ravens are a skeleton of the team last year but there is still plenty of talent on the team.
    A win is a win anyway you get it.
  15. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +441 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    42ß
    Hey Trestman, we are going take away Urlacher this year. Trestman Ok, we are also going to take Melton with 5 other either injured or MIA on the D line. Trestman Ok, also we are taking Briggs and Tillman plus Conte and Major are going to play shitter for you. Now go beat the super bowl winners.

I guess he has to be stupid for ever taking that deal. I'm just so happy we have this dumb coach.It's amazing what he can win with or without. But then again there are a lot more brilliant coaches sitting behind keyboards in basements that could do much better I'm sure.
  16. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,214 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    IDK if you realized it when you said that, but the Bears have played the last 6 SB winners this year.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +991 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    Rice didn't just "show up" this week. RBs good and bad have been "showing up" against us all year. Guys like AP, Reggie Bush, and Alfred Morris maybe you can excuse. Maybe even Ray Rice too despite him being garbage all year beforehand. But it's also been RBs like Law Firm, Dwyer, Jacobs, Helu, Lacey, and Starks too. In other words, even backs who aren't among the cream of the NFL (to put it generously in some cases there) have been consistently trucking us. Even when we hadn't yet been devastated by injuries.

The pass D and pass rush have shown improvement in fits and starts but run defense has been consistently horrible since week 1. We seem to specialize in handing out 100+ yard rushing games and big gashes even to guys who don't normally have that kind of production.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +991 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    Very much agree. It's hard not to love seeing a career journeyman nothing QB play mistake-free enough to get us wins. We all love seeing underdogs do well and that's all you could ask a vet backup to do (most do far far less). He's earned himself new life in the NFL and another contract, good for him. But he's a backup only--and to his credit he's humble enough to fully acknowledge that. And that makes him even more worthy of keeping around IMHO.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +168 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    I learned we move on to the RAMS.