Chi v Balt what we learned

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Nov 17, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,731ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Harbaugh stated that he felt that Rice was finally healthy for the first time all year, equal that w/bad DL run def and you have a huge game for Rice.

I thought that both the Chi/Balt game and the Det/Pit games were coinflips. At the end of any week you can bet Det is still capable of losing a game.

2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,731ß
    it did, but it didn't bother the other qb to much.

But it also didn't help that the wr's weren't ready either. Hell marshal had a HORRIBLE game, dropped 7 passes on 11 attempts.

3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,362ß
    I think because we may be the worst run D he has faced. If a RB can't gain against a poor run D, then he should not be a running back. I don't think it was so much him showing up as him having less resistance.

4. weneedmorelinemen

ßearz ßuckz:
    491ß
    Flacco has a much stronger arm and was throwing downwind to boot. IMO, you really can't look at any QB too harshly, Flacco included, in a game like yesterdays and just be glad that we came away with the win. We could just as easily lost many times.

• Like Like x 2
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,731ß
    Actually I agree w/that, and even said it in my original post about the game. Hard to judge either.

6. weneedmorelinemen

ßearz ßuckz:
    491ß
    Yeah, and then you started dismissing McCown's performance.

"McCown did what? He was handed 10 points by the Def. who only gave up 20 points. That meant all McCown had to do was score 23 points, and it took him OT to get it. McCown had a good game, but lets not overstate what he did."

McCown was making throws with horrible winds. All he had to do was score 23 points, but he could have just as easily not made some clutch throws and turned in a loss. The guy played a great game with no interceptions again.

I'd think you wait to rip him when he plays poorly. The guy did his job. McCown's not going to win a shootout with Peyton Manning, but he's keeping us alive.

• Like Like x 2
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,765ß
    He's been a mighty good backup. Even if he has a bad game, down the road, I'm still going to remember his time here as a class guy who tried to help save our season. He doesn't have much physical talent. But he sure plays smart football, and he plays with 100% heart. He must be an inspiration in the locker room too. Glad we have him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,731ß
    that's b/c someone came out and said ...McCown won that game for us, something Cutler cannot do...

Keep everything in context, w/one another. If I speak positively of him, you ignore it, when I speak critically of him b/c someone says something stupid like "he played perfect" or "he won a game Cutler cannot" then you say I'm ripping him. But I'm not, I'm ripping a person for overstating something that McCown did.

No he's not winning a shootout w/Peyton, but then again about 3 guys in the league can, and Cutler isn't one of them...you going to dog me for ripping Cutler now?

9. weneedmorelinemen

ßearz ßuckz:
    491ß
    It's good to see him getting props from the media. Now, there are the homer meatheads that are taking this too far on the radio that want McCown to be the full time starter, and that makes me shake my head in sadness. He a good backup. But this kind of success for McCown this late into his career has got to feel just awesome. To think that his last game as a starter could have been with Panthers four years ago, and now he's pulling out wins to keep us in the hunt is just incredible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. weneedmorelinemen

ßearz ßuckz:
    491ß
    Wait, you were replying to chicitybears? Oh. I thought no one actually replies to chicitybears. At least not seriously.

See, I thought you were slipping into a backhanded compliment of, "Well, McCown played alright, I guess, but he really sucks. Here's why!" that you tend to do.