Chi v Det what we learned

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Sep 29, 2013.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Guys like Cassel, Hoyer, etc cost nowhere near $8-10 million. That's what Cutler is making now. It's the difference between "vet manager" money and "possible franchise QB" money. If Emery decides Cutler isn't worth a long term deal and isn't the guy going forward, it would be a total waste to spend $15 million FTing him as a placeholder while a rookie gets up to speed. I'd just let him walk, draft a 2nd rounder, and sign some vet to fill out the depth chart. That wold be way way more economical that FTing an expensive player you have already decided isn't the right guy for your coach to groom going forward.

2. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I agree with your 2nd paragraph completely. Cutler melts down when his receivers have a few drops or the pass rush starts getting close or Forte gets stuffed a few times. When the rest of the O is "a little off", he compounds it by coughing up picks and fumbles like a cheap whore and missing throws like he's Hellen Keller.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    676ß
    Listening to people here you would think this was the last game of the season. Yes it was atrocious game by Cutty and D line but it's only 1 lose. Time to fix a bunch of stuff.

Cutler was never brought here originally to be the super QB like Brady or Manning just be better than what we had at QB. Our D is what keeps the game in check and if the O scores us 30+ points we win. Well guess what that D is looking old now we need Cutler to be Manning or Brady and that's never going to happen. So I hope the D gets fixed fast because if you're going to call doom and gloom at this point that's where Bears have to be good. Having a decent O was just gravy. Now take quick look at ST and Devin is going to be out of Chicago faster than he used to return kickoffs along with Decamillis. Podlesh what happen to my punting distance? A lot of stuff needs fixed and fixed in 1 week. Because we can't be in no shoot out with Brees that just can't happen or we in a whole mess of trouble at that point.

I'll have faith with new coach because that's why Emery brought him here. So I'll go back to my belief it was just a 1 game glitch.

• Like Like x 2
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,119ß
    Okay Cassel is making just under 4 mill, Hoyer is 1.97, and neither should ever see the likes of a Bears Uniform. If the team is really going to go a different direction for Cutler next year(I just don't see that happening) then it should be w/a 1st or 2nd round rookie.

But this is one game, I'm not willing to end Cutlers career in Chicago over 1 game in a season where he's been average to above average in 3 others.

5. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance
    Expand Collapse

ßearz ßuckz:
    This is actually a legitimate option Ric. Because the truth is, this next draft just may have to be one dedicated to upgrading our defensive personnel. They may have to bring that Cutler Clown back for one more year just to buy this defense a little time. And that could ultimately be a move that benefits the franchise in the long run.

• Like Like x 2
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,119ß

I kinda disagree, Cutler was brought in here to be the franchise qb that would end the qb carossel, that's why the team traded 2 firsts and a 3rd for him and a 4th. They didn't expect HoF or anything, but they did expect better then they have gotten in return.

but ya this is one bad game in 4, although it's a laughably bad game, it's hardly a point where Emery is now looking in the draft for the future no questions asked.

7. tbear1

tbear1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    402ß
    Jay isn't going anywhere and his career won't be decided on one game but I hope Emery IS looking at all of the QB talent available next year. That is Phil's (and his staffs) job and we are not wedded to Cutler for another 4 years yet. Another reason having McClown around is that he offers no competition. No one is pushing to replace Cutler to keep him honest.

• Like Like x 1
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,119ß
    and that is the biggest problem w/no talent vet retreds like McClown, Cutler hasn't played so well as to deserve that kind of treatment, he is not Brees, Brady or Manning, hell he's not Flacco or Eli. The team should have found someone that could push him if he didn't up his game drastically.

9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    676ß
    Guess who is the 2nd best Bears QB ever in ratings?

10. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I'm not writing off Cutler (for the future beyond this season) just yet. But you're kidding yourself if Emery & Trestman aren't having some serious thoughts right now about him--serious negative thoughts. Stafford is years younger than #6 and he wasn't sharp either. Left some big plays out there and finished with pedestrian stats. But he didn't do what Jay did. He didn't MELT DOWN and hand the game over. Cutler did. E & T saw that. And if they keep seeing it--the problems aren't new and Jay went right back to doing the very things Trestman has been trying to coach out of him--I hope they're courageous enough to cut their losses and move on in '14.

I hate to call Jay a "head case" but I don't know what else to say about a guy whose head seems to disappear up his ass all too often.

• Like Like x 1