Chi v Det what we learned

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Sep 29, 2013.

1. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I use to believe that Cutler could be an elite QB especially after Trestman came on board however after this game I really have my doubts. I think he's a good QB but can't take that next step. He had a pathetic game. We need to draft someone next year.
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,775 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,357ß
    Even if we keep Cutler, I'd still like to see us draft a guy for Trestman to develop, unless he already thinks Matt Blanchard is that guy. Somebody with a high ceiling.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,419 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    438ß
    That's the question that this last game raises. We don't know yet to be fair. But seeds of doubt remain and they are legitimate. What the homer fan-boys here (and I for one WANT THE BEARS TO WIN AND CUTLER TO KICK ASS) don't seem to realize is that:
    It isn't "just one bad losing game" (there's a pattern here of coming unglued going back years)
    It's not just "being off" (it's that's when he's off, he's really really off and comes unhinged w/ ball security losing games)
    It's not about Cutler being a "good QB" or not (its about whether he's good enough to go deep and beat the best)
    It's not a question of him being the best we have (it's about whether to commit big $$$ going forward LT or not)

I have no problem with GOOD JAY. He isn't Manning and he never will be. That's fine by me. When he's playing well, his ceiling is plenty high enough IMO.

I do have a problem with BAD JAY. His floor is currently too low. When he's having a "bad day" he needs to find a way to be LESS BAD. As in, not literally throwing any chance at winning away. He needs to raise his floor on his "off" days.

Games in which he turns the ball over 3 or more times have to become a lot less frequent (as in, VERY RARE) to justify $15+ million going forward. I want to see him get his TO average down to < 1.5/game.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Veteran

Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    173ß
    I second that. They should be grooming someone to take over once Cutler's performance start on the down turn.