Chi v GB what we learned

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Nov 5, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,151 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,510ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    lucky you, glad you got to see a Bears win up there.

2. weneedmorelinemen

Ratings:
    +525 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    286ß
    Did you see the run defense we sported? The onside kick we allowed? The blocked punt? Did Hester score? Did the defense score? We have come to depend on the defense scoring to win games.

Who showed up, on prime time Monday Night Football, in Lambeau Field, and did not shit the bed like so many other QB's have this season? You complained about his inability to move the ball in the 3rd quarter. Would you have been more satisfied if he tried to do too much and threw some picks in there to spice things up?

You've brought up his completion percentage in your initial comment, "McCown looked okay, ya not great, sorry but 50% comp is not great" which is what I was responding to. You referenced it again afterwards. Were you expecting him to throw a 70% completion game tonight? If he was capable of that, he wouldn't be a backup quarterback, man.

3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    I agree. May be the best this year, but still not great.

• Like Like x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,151 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,510ß
    ST's doesn't have to score, they gave the O field position inside their own territory, and good position all night.

Ya the Rush D sucked, but the Pass D was pretty on point, again 5 sacks a int and only 115 yards passing, and only 300 combined yards. Again this is a shitty D if you had said, backup qb or not, that the D would hold the GB O to 300 yards and 20 points I would have laughed.

I'm not complaining, you are giving false praise. McCown isn't the only great player on O tonight, Forte was huge, the WR's made amazing catches. McCown was GOOD, but 50% comp is laughable in todays NFL. Great he didn't throw a pick, that's huge b/c that's what the backup HAS to do.

Ya I expect an NFL qb to complete 60 %, how dare I, seeing as that's AVERAGE in todays NFL.

5. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
    He took care of the ball better than Cutler usually does. I didn't see him miss many open receivers. A lot of his misses were throw-aways or closely guarded receivers. I'd rather see him miss safe than throw INT or take sack/fumbles like Cutler.

• Like Like x 3
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,151 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,510ß
    he missed a few, I'm not going to blame him for that, and he had a few near int's, but I won't blame him for that either. I think the fact that he protected the ball better then Cutler is a HUGE inditement on Cutler, and has been my major complaint about Cutler form the time the Bears traded for him, and why I'm not 100% convinced he's back next year. When the team is going to be a O first team, you cannot afford to have a qb that is reckless w/the ball b/c your D will not be in a position to get the ball back.

Again McCown looked okay, he played good, whatever word you want to use, minus Great or flawless. In today's NFL 50% isn't great or flawless, even for a backup.

The D really played well for the first time all year though, 5 sacks is huge, they had 9 all year, and got 50% more in 1 game. They got another huge int, and had a few more fumbles that didn't bounce their way. But part of that was b/c the O controlled the clock and ToP, when they didn't you saw the D start to break, primarily in the 3rd qtr.

And again so much credit for Trestman, the guy is a damned O and QB genius, McCown said he'd never been more prepared for a game, and it showed. The guy simply makes any qb he coaches the best they can possibly be, it's uncanny. This is like having Bellecheck, or Parcells, or Sherman(laugh, but look at the how good the backups were behind Farve).

7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    One of the things I really liked about his play was his progressions. He did well there. Cutler does not do very well there.

8. weneedmorelinemen

Ratings:
    +525 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    286ß
    The pass D? They were playing against a QB that hadn't thrown a ball in an NFL game since 2011. Someone who did not take one preseason snap in a Green Bay uniform. I should hope they could play him better than Rodgers.

Forte is a starter caliber RB in the NFL who makes 8 million a year. Marshall is a starter that makes 9 million. Yeah, I expect them to perform. McCown is a backup that makes league minimum. That's the difference.

Have you seen the caliber of backup caliber play? Damn, have you seen Brandon Weeden play? Or Gabbart? Those teams would kill for 22 out of 41 passes, two TDs and zero interceptions.

Dude, you are totally complaining about McCown.

9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,151 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,510ß
    You expected Forte to get 100 plus yards(his first this year) against the 4th ranked rush D in the league? I call bs.

Kasey Keenan, 59% comp, rookie 1st game ever. Geno Smith Rookie 58% comp, Nick Foles, 61%, 2nd year. M Glennon, 70% comp %...hell I'll go to Soul's huge mancrush, Jason Campbell, 65%.

So ya, bunch of rookie backups in todays NFL can get into the high 50's, near 60's. And guys that have been in the league a few years can get into the 60's. Have YOU been watching the backups this year? This NFL w/the rules so easy for the O and the qb's and wr's there is no reason for a low 50%'s comp.

No you are forcing an issue that shouldn't be one. I complimented McCown on running a O that is EXACTLY what the Bears need to have the O run like b/c of how bad the D is. You've complained about the 1 thing I complained about, way to focus on the negative and ignore the compliments. McCown did EXACTLY what was needed, but to act like he was FLAWLESS?!?!? no he wasn't, and most qb's aren't...and most arent' going to be, and it's not required to win, as in tonight.

btw, I thought you have always said it's important to have a nfl experienced backup Qb b/c they know how to play and are proven? SWallace does fit that mold doesn't he?? How you are talking about him is the EXACT way i spoke about McCown, but he was actually out of the NFL. Make up your mind will you.

10. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,101 / 9 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,702ß
    eh, wouldnt go that far..had a couple of good returns, but also had quite a few where we were behind the 20.