Chi v GB what we learned

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Nov 5, 2013.

1. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    616ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I was using your own logic against you. That was the point of me saying that. You are talking up the defense being so great shutting down a guy that hasn't played in a couple years. But yes, he's not Aaron G** D*** Rodgers. I would hope they could play Wallace better than Rodgers.

Wallace does not know his team's offense. If they had picked him up earlier, like OTA's, he'd have had a better shot. He's always been a decent backup QB. They gave him no reps or attention and he's had zero time on the team to learn anything. McCown didn't get that attention either, but he's been here the whole year, and Trestman can run his offense through the guy. I liked McCown as a backup here since his time in 2011 and his improbable win against Minnesota. This summer you wanted to replace him with a kid that finally is on someone's practice squad.

Has Kasey Keenan won a game yet? No, he hasn't. Keenan and Glennon are being given a dumbed down baby offense that consists of high probability throws. It was a monumental showing of Keenan to not just crap his pants when he got on the field. Because it was far more likely that he would.

So, for you, you'd rather see McCown have more completions than wins? When he throws behind the line of scrimmage that get us negative yards? That's a positive in your eyes? He threw the ball away on occasion. Trestman called for some low probablity long bombs to spread out the defense so we could have a running game in the second half. And yes, he had some bad passes. He's a backup.

You are missing the big picture. MNF. National stage. Away game against our biggest rival. There are a lot of QBs that would just melt under pressure like that.

And yes, I expected our team to lean on Forte because he's a high caliber RB that is paid very well for his services.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    956ß
    Gruden called it last night. Major Wright is garbage, not Conte. Conte was the last guy to be in position to make many of those tackles, so he was the one that looked bad, but on at least one play, Major Wright went into the wrong gap, allowing a big run. Conte's average at best, but Wright is BAD.

• Like Like x 1
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,479ß
    I'll not defend Major Wrong Henry, but it's not like Conte was great by any stretch. Alex Brown was on the score just a little bit ago, and he was saying if he cannot make those open tackles he should be benched. Those are required by the Safety to make, it doesn't matter that the RB shouldn't have been there, he was and Conte wiffed.

Again I said before the draft that these safeties needed replaced, they aren't that good....and well you saw it today, again. Wrong and Conte need benched/replaced asap, although I doubt it happens this year.

4. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,091ß
    Thinking back to the fiasco in 2011 when Cutler was injured, it sure feels good to have two QBs who can run the offense at a high level. I do not want to go backwards, so no matter how well McCown plays, do not even think about letting Cutler go unless he tries to break the bank with his contract demands.

5. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,091ß
    They both suck. but Conte is worse. On one of those long TD runs (Lacy, I think) Conte had a clean shot at him and completely whiffed. Our DE's don't cut off end runs worth a damn.

6. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    956ß
    McCown wasn't really throwing tight spirals last night. He was just executing the game more intelligently than Cutler does, at times.

I think something we learned last night, was that Trestman learned to mix up his running game. Garza is playing way above any realistic expectations for him, but he's still not very good in the run game. If he can get even more creative with his runs (Almost EVERY time they run with Jeffrey, it's for a big gain), we will have a much more diverse offense.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    956ß
    au contraire. Major Wright followed one of his own guys through the same gap, allowing Lacy to have a more open field to go against Conte. I'm not saying Conte is anything better than average, but notice how, when the Packers ran to the weak side of the defense, they had less success? That's because Major Wright was playing mostly on the strong side, and the Bears were capable of a lot of "group tackles", which shows that someone was able to at least slow him down. Major Wright wasn't doing that until LATE in the game, but at that point, I wasn't paying much attention to him, so he may not have improved at all.

8. kevperro

kevperro
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    509ß
    In terms of McCown's completion percentage.... who cares? He protected the ball by throwing it away, something Cutler could learn from.

• Like Like x 1
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,479ß
    You should care that about comp % in todays NFL b/c in todays NFL it's easier then ever to complete a pass. Again, only 2% of qb's that have thrown balls in the NFL this year have thrown for under 55%. Only 32% under 60%. That is a huge number of qb's in the NFL(not just starters) that are completing over 60%.

Only completing 50% of your passes is going to eventually lead to stalled drives, and this D cannot afford for this O to have stalled drives. That is the most important thing we all should have taken out of last night, when the O controls the clock, the D isn't on the field, and that's a good thing, and it's a key for the Bears to win.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    956ß
    I've been arguing this for weeks!!!!!!! UGH!!1111111111111

• Like Like x 1