Chi v Oak post game talk

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 24, 2013.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    JABF, I meant that more for Ric who, despite me sympathizing with his good points about "vet backups", continues to talk about not drafting a QB this year as though it were some sort of unpardonable sin. There were no good options for us there given the crappy college class, our pick status, and our other pressing needs. Drafting Nathan Enderle 2.0 accomplishes nothing other than wasting a pic JA-style (and we now have a GM who seems to be getting mileage out of later rounders).

Sorry, it may not be ideal, but we are still a year away from being free of the burden of having to keep a vet backing QB on the roster. Blanchard missing most of preseason pretty much ended that hope.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    899ß
    J99,

All of the receivers outside of Forte seemed to have a case of the "dropsies".

I'm hoping its just rust because when they did catch it they did ok.

Kind of that two steps forward one step back pre season game stuff

3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I could care less about Marshall's drops. He had a bad game, no biggie. I'd rather him drop 5 easy balls and stay unhurt in preseason than the opposite.

MBennett was another story. He hasn't had the greatest of hands in his career and isn't the proven star that Marshall is. That was a disappointment but since they were his first targets of whole PS its nothing to panic about yet.

4. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    77ß
    Actually, I'd rather the Bears do snag an additional QB in the next draft, If both turn out to be good to great, then we get to keep the better of the two, while garnering additional high draft picks in the process. Plus, competition is good.

Make no mistake, I WANT to see Blanchard make it. But I expect him to EARN it, not be GIVEN it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    834ß
    I know it's just PS but I felt like a kid watching Ford's double spins.

• Like Like x 3
  6. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    736ß
    it was great to see cutler smiling, he was looking relaxed and confident. it looks like he likes his new oline. lets not forget, 4 new guys from last year! he looked relaxed and played that way. raiders are bad, but this is a great sign. once again, im feeling pumped bout this season, we could make a splash (love longs attitude, he looks kind to his teammates, easy going and razor' tako-no-shit attitude toward opponents)

7. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Wasn't it nice to see a Bears offense do what its designed to do for once ?? Aside from the dropped passes which were overcome on occasion
    Yeah the Raiders are bad. The first team did do their jobs and exploited that rather well

Loving it Go Bears

• Like Like x 1
  8. WearyBear

WearyBear Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:

Yep. I don't think I've seen him catch one ball.

9. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Another poster has brought up and thinks Onobun has a vision issue REALLY ??

How long has he been in the league ??? and with how many teams

you would think this may have been already addressed if this were the case

Not impressed with him in receiving aspects

10. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,150ß
    Good post MP. Emery has already stated that he would have liked to have drafted a QB this past spring but with other needs taking a priority and not having a 3rd round pick he just couldn't get it done. I think Blanchard looks like he might be that guy we need to step into the #2 spot. He doesn't have Cutler's arm (but who does) but he's got all the rest of the tools as far as mobility and having been winner in college big time and his TD/Int ratio was terrific so he can read defenses and knows how to protect the ball. So he caught a bad break (no pun intended) and he needs to sit out for a bit. Hopefully in another week or two he can take snaps again.

Another thing to keep in mind is that McCown is playing with the 2nd/3rd stringers and our backups at that level aren't very good. Onobun dropped a TD pass from him last week and another pass from him this week, his protection has been shitty, and he's played most of his snaps without Forte or Bush and with Weems and other 3rd stringers as his WRs. He didn't play a very good game Friday night and made a huge mistake with that pick but he wasn't getting any time to read routes or room to step up and throw. Playing with the starters he's look much better and for now he's an adequate backup based on whose available and what we can afford with the cap as it is.

Interestingly enough it looks like the Packers are gonna keep Vince Young as their #2 and cut Graham Harrell. If that happens I wonder if Emery will discard Palmer or Green and bring him in. He backed Rodgers last season and he's certainly got some experience running a WCO type offense having played in GB. He's young (28), about Cutler's size, played in a pass oriented college offense, and he knows the Packer offense so I'll be interested to see if Emery makes a move on him.