Chi v StL what we learned

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I agree. One more year of sub par D, but then he should be gone.

2. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +852 / 4 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    795ß
    Remember when the replacement refs made bad calls last year? Yeah I remember them getting blasted yet the regular refs are equally bad on their calls this year. This is not the reason the bears lost I would say no defense is the reason they lost and turnovers along with the Rams showing up to play today. All I can say is I think our offense is much improved and our defense is really bad. They are old and broken and some players are going to be gone. One thing I can say is that I like seeing the rookies play. One more thing Hester needs to stop running the ball out of the end zone 8 and 9 yard deep.

3. hoth

hoth Veteran

Ratings:
    +80 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    76ß
    I learned that frustration and embarrassment are the two words that define this season.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,039 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,299ß
    4th, glad you said it, and you're right, the replacement refs were not getting judged by the same standards as the reg refs were/are/have been in the past. They were bad...really bad but much like I expect backup players to be bad, I expect the replacement refs to be bad; vice versa I expect the starters to be better and so the regular refs. And they have been bad this year.

BiH, what happens if after the retool the D is playing at an average to above average level? Reality is the players regardless of scheme have to execute the plays, and these guys aren't. Reality is, while this has been...BY FAR...the worst D I can remember, Lovie D's w/no pass rush have been pretty damn bad also, and he never had the amount of inj's to contend with. Be careful to judge this to quickly, the D was not 100% to start the year.

If next year the D hasn't vastly improved I'll be right down Tuckered out also, but you cannot judge him w/the cards he is dealing w/anymore then you could judge Forte or Cutler behind that awfull OL>

5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Ric - It's possible. But doesn't the DC bear some responsibility when the whole D does not seem to execute his plays? And there are about 5 games left in the season? How long does it take for him to get his players to respond? I mean, no one other than Briggs was playing well.

6. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    626ß
    So all Tucker has to do is "improve" and he's a keeper? So he goes from dead last to 5-10 spots up he's good then. That doesn't work for me b/c we'll hear the same excuses (implementing scheme, new players, old players etc.) When fundamentals like tackling, landmarks in coverage, and gap integrity aren't emphasized then a entire team of pro-bowlers won't help this team.

I really hate to say it esp. with a new DC but fire Tucker TODAY. THIS IS BAD. Excuses stop and accountability begins in earnest NOW.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,726 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    779ß
    Yep. The Tucker-excuses remind me of the same mentality that kept J'Marcus Webb a "starter" for 2 years too long.

8. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +242 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    700ß
    Bush scores a TD but we should cut his ass because we never use him in a game long enough to get into a groove.

That makes sense. We should cut Ford because he never plays.

9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,726 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    779ß
    Bush was 7 carries for -5 yards (let that sink in, its hard to do) and dropped a sure fire TD pass. And has sucked all year in his supposed "speciality" as a short yardage power back.

Yeah we should keep paying a guy a couple million per year who isn't even producing at an UDFA level.
    That makes sense.

10. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +242 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    700ß
    Either get him involved in the game more or cut him.