Chi v Was what we learned

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Oct 20, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,174ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Well I agree w/the power run game, well at least more run game to eat up more clock and try and keep the ball out of the opposing O's hands; that's the best way to keep the D safe.

if over the by week they bring this guys in to compete and they actually outplay the other guys, more power to them, but until that happens I'm going to let the guys that are playing play and assume the coaches know best.

2. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,953ß
    I don't think you are getting my point. Let's us assume that the coaches are gods who never make mistakes, I know that is B,S., but I will concede it for the sake of argument. My point is that if your starters suck (like ours), the opponents are going to wear them down with long drives, and there is only so much the offense can do to protect them. So, unless we can throw some fresh bodies in there to keep them rested through 3 quarters, they are going to be exhausted when we need to stop the final drive with the game on line. The worse your defense is playing, the more you need a "all hands on deck" strategy.

3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,174ß
    I gotcha, I just don't think a O minded HC like Trestman is going to sacrafice his O players for added D guys; although you might well be right and he'll have no choice.

4. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,953ß
    Those 3rd string offensive players aren't getting any playing time, either. So he wouldn't be sacrificing much in that respect. But he would never do it, because almost everybody would criticize him.

He should at least activate CornWash,damn it! I guarantee you that Lacy will run past/over McClellin next game.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,174ß
    I'd have to look, but normally you only have 6 active OL'men on the active roster, I'd be stunned if they have more(outside Ebon who is getting playing time as a "TE"). Normally you only have 1 spare T and one spare G/C. You cannot afford NOT to have those extra 2 guys sitting on the sidelines.

6. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,953ß
    Briggs is out for at least 6 weeks. That creates an active slot for CornWash.

What about Wilson. Rosario, Weems, Ford? You can safely replace any of them with more defense.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,174ß
    No Briggs being out creates a slot for whoever the next LB is. I would have been happy w/Weems being cut last year so fine w/me. But you do need guys on the ST's to play, and Ford and Wilson are doing that. Rosario is now the backup TE....oh and supposedly they are calling up Fendi.

8. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,953ß
    Already have Costanzo, Franklin, Bostic,Anderson active and playing LB. That's enough. K. Greene is possible, I guess,but I don't know his status.

Help on DL is more critical. Activate CornWash,damn it! Activate and play all defensive players and substitute them for any of these 3rd string offensive players on ST that become inactivated. Give Hester a box of chocolates -- we have higher priorities.

#148 DavidL, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  9. Rogelio

Rogelio
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    195ß
    Bull. You said you heard a quote from Trestman saying something along the lines that he didn't have to get approval for the play. Yet I didn't hear a furor about it or see front page articles about that. The comment was either a joke or taken out of context. Look, we know that the media likes to stir the pot in general, and has had a particular dislike for Cutler since he got here. If there was anything to that statement, the press would have followed up on it, and then hammered "Jay calling own plays hurts team" into the ground. Trestman knows that. If he thought Cutler was audibling too much and hurting the team, he can easily go public with it, which would be pretty much the last straw for Jay in terms of public opinion. Trestman would have a new QB next season.

So, outside of one quote which was likely taken out of context, there has been NOTHING suggesting that Jay is ruining this great master plan. No seeds planted or "anonymous sources" telling the media that Jay isn't listening to coaching. All we've heard is that Jay is receptive and has "bought in." So I will continue saying that's not true. And furthermore, if Jay WAS audibling out of runs, I doubt he would be calling freaking 3 yard pass plays. Yeah, those really beef up his stats.

10. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,174ß
    Rog, it was played on 670 the score multiple times yesterday. Trestman said it, and people on the the radio talked about it yesterday. That is not taking it out of context.

Sorry you don't like what it suggests, but at the end, it's just what it suggests. But it has multiple suggestions and you are centering on only the JC neg.

It could also mean that McCown doesn't get as much leeway, or want as much.

It could also mean that McCown is more limited therefore the gameplan has to be simplified.

It could also mean what you are suggesting, that Trestman is giving multiple plays that JC's okay w/and JC is audibling at the line to the wrong one.

It could also mean all of them.