Chicago Bears 2013 Position Battles: Wide Receiver

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Jul 30, 2013.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,729 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    785ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    That's exactly how I see it too. Anderson is the #4 and its between Aromashadu and Wilson to make the team as the #5. Unless DA is the clear winner, you gotta go with Wilson. DA is known and older. He's probably gonna be hanging around free later even if we cut him. Wilson is the 2nd-3rd round talent potential you got lucky enough to snag in the 7th. If he shows any potential in TC (as he apparently has), he won't last on the PS. Some other WR-hungry team will steal him away to develop.

2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,763 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    868ß
    Also, Hester has been working with the DB's (chill out, it's to practice tackling on ST's), so I'm sure they're wanting to keep him another year.

3. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +619 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    322ß
    totally agree with your point about DA and Wilson. If DA is hands down 100% better and light years ahead, then yeah go DA and find a bs injury to protect Wilson with. If its close, I say we go Wilson. If absolutely nothing else it gives him a full year to be at the practices and learning the speed of the league. Maybe he dresses some games, maybe we stay healthy all year at WR and he dosent. What I would hate to see happen is he get sent to the PS, because I don't think he would clear waivers let along make it all year there. That could really bite us down the road.

• Like Like x 1
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    And I agree. (WOW, that was too easy and now I'm worried, LOL)

Adams has some advantages over Onobun as a FB/HB but I think if they want a true pass catching TE then Onobun is their guy. But they could just as easily keep both using Adams at FB.

Don't know why Ford isn't getting any carries but then I'm not at all unhappy with Allen either.

McCown will settle in. This ain't his first rodeo. But if Blanchard can take the #2 spot from him in preseason I'm all for it. I've been a fan ever since they signed him.

5. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +574 / 2 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    913ß
    Wilson is a genuine talent and it would foolish for them not keep him .

6. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think now that we actually have a competent TE in Bennett I could see us going down to 3 TE's and using that extra slot for Hester and still be able to keep 6 WR's.

I will admit that the more I sit down and think about it that I do agree that we need to keep Wilson because I doubt he'd clear waivers. Yes he did have some issues and that's why he slipped but remember Mike Leach is a first class d-bag so I think that does mitigate the situation somewhat.

I do think in the long Wilson will be a solid #2 or #3 WR.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,054 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,313ß
    Leach is, but Wilson was forced to recant why he left the team, and that it had nothing to do w/Leach's d-bagness.