Chicago Bears 2014 Draft

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by jackiejokeman, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +622 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    324ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    With FA all but done id say we all can get better insight into our draft. We have beat the dead horse over Donald,Dix,Pryor,Mosely at 14 and all COULD be the pick. What Emery has proven is he's unpredictable and obviously his boards do not resemble the "expert mocks." So who do you all think could be the dark horse picks at 14.

Tuitt, Jerrigan, Denard would be my dark horse picks, what do you all think?

2. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,187 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,793ß
    Mosley. ILB

• Like Like x 2
  3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,730 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    786ß
    From what I've been reading, Mosely's draft stock has been on the decline. Apparently he has some sort of injury concern.

4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,028 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,403ß
    I could see them doing something unexpected if a solid OL guy dropped to them at 14, like Taylor Lewan or Jake Matthews. I'm not saying we need to do this. I'm just saying Emery could find a guy drop to them that is simply BPA by a wide margin and feel he needs to pull the trigger in a scenario like this.

5. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +242 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    706ß
    I understand the signing of Defense but if I could just get a handle on what HALAS HALL is thinking towards the draft ...

at least in the Lovie/Angelo era you could outguess them.

6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß

Based on his position and his draft ranking right now he's a top ten pick and if gets to them he's a guy the Lions would probably look at pretty seriously. He's really more of a 3-4 guy but the could use him as a hybrid SLB/DE the same way he Bears intend to do with McClellin.

After signing Houston, Young and Idonije, plus Lane, and Scott before that and having Bass and Washington from last year I think another DE isn't that high on the need list anymore. He's very similar to both Bass and Young and you have to think both will make the team so all you have left is him replacing McClellin and I don't think we're ready for that yet.

7. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    I'd be willing to bet there are no real dark horse picks for Emery this year. The entire world knows he needs a DT and a S and he's been working on filling in with some competition at S and may be looking at another prospect as well. There aren't two other players who meet his needs for a DT any better than Donald and Jernigan and at S any better then Ha Ha or Pryor. I'd bet my right nut it will come down to one of those four with Donald and Jernigan in the lead right now.

With those four guys at the top of his board I'll bet my left nut (they only shoot blanks now anyway) that at least one of those guys will still be on the board if not three or all four of them. Based on whose picking in front of us and their needs, and the guys at OT, WR and QB who usually occupy at least 5 or 6 of the top ten, Emery is in a perfect position to get the player he wants at one of those positions and I believe that's what he'll do. He really doesn't need to hide his intentions this year. They're obvious.

8. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,187 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,793ß
    Although teams no the position they do not know the player. If a team new for sure who we were taking they may be more inclined to move in front of us if they could find a trading partner. So having 2 positions and 4 players, as you identified, will potentiallly keep a team from knowing the have to get in front of us to get a given player. Generally speaking we should have a couple of good options when the 14th pick comes along and if any of those 4 our gone then somebody else has fallen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    That's true but would it be a player we can actually use? FWIW here an early mock done by Greg Gabriel, our former director of college scouting, and Eric Galko. It's two weeks old and things have changed since then but it gives using something to work from. Interestingly enough they have both FS going before #14 and then we begin a run on DTs starting with Donald. We might use this as a way of projecting what may happen because these two guys have probably nailed some of these picks pretty well.

A couple of things that jump out at me are Manziel dropping out of the top ten and Blake Bortles sliding in there and the possibility that Taylor Lewan slides back as well. We don't need either of them and the only other guy in there I'd take at #14 might me Mack and he's NOT gonna slide. Of the teams picking in front of us the only two I could see needing a DT are Detroit and St.Louis and Detroit already has Suh as a 3 tech so they'd be more likely to take Jernigan to replace Fairley who they aren't real happy with.

Looking at who picks after us I'd say Pitt won't jump us for Donald because Nix is more their guy and now that Dallas has Melton I'd say Jernigan is more their guy. So in this run of DTs they seem to have placed each guy with the team whose needs align with the guys best skills. Farther on down the line are Arizona and Philly who play 4-3 fronts but the cost for those guys to jump us is pretty steep so it's doubtful they would. Donald is a great prospect but not one without some question marks too.

I think what's interesting about this mock is how they have 3 DBs, including 2 FS, going this early. I think one of those two FS will drop to us was well so I expect that three of our four top prospects will still be on the board at #14. With Tucker running the show I'd make Nix my dark horse guy but that's dark as midnight. I think he may drop into the 20s as well.

NFP Mock Draft 1.0
    Greg Gabriel and Eric Galko team up on our first mock of 2014. Greg Gabriel
    February 28, 2014

1 – Houston – Jadeveon Clowney – DE – South Carolina
    2 – St. Louis – Greg Robinson – OT – Auburn
    3 – Jacksonville – Teddy Bridgewater – QB – Louisville
    4 – Cleveland – Johnny Manziel – QB – Texas A&M
    5 – Oakland – Sammy Watkins – WR – Clemson
    6 – Atlanta – Khalil Mack – OLB – Buffalo
    7 – Tampa Bay – Jake Matthews – OT – Texas A&M
    8 – Minnesota – Justin Gilbert – DC – Oklahoma State
    9 – Buffalo – Anthony Barr – OLB – UCLA
    10 – Detroit – Taylor Lewan – OT – Michigan
    11 – Tennessee – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix – DS – Alabama
    12 – Giants – Eric Ebron – TE – North Carolina
    13 – St. Louis – Calvin Pryor – DS – Louisville
    14 – Chicago – Aaron Donald – DT – Pittsburgh
    15 – Pittsburgh – Louis Nix – NT – Notre Dame
    16 – Dallas – Timmy Jernigan – DT – Florida St.
    17 – Baltimore – Jace Amaro – TE – Texas Tech
    18 – Jets – Mike Evans – WR – Texas A&M
    19 – Miami – Zach Martin – OT – Notre Dame
    20 – Arizona – Kyle Fuller – CB – Virginia Tech
    21 – Green Bay – C.J. Mosely – LB – Alabama
    22 – Philadelphia – Darqueze Dennard – CB – Michigan St
    23 – Kansas City – Odell Beckham Jr. – WR – LSU
    24 – Cincinnati – Kony Ealy – DE – Missouri
    25 – San Diego -- Dee Ford -- DE/OLB -- Auburn
    26 – Cleveland (via Indianapolis) -- Marqise Lee -- WR -- USC
    27 – New Orleans – Jeremiah Attaochu – DE/OLB – Georgia Tech
    28 – Carolina – Brandin Cooks – WR – Oregon State
    29 – New England – Troy Niklas – TE – Notre Dame
    30 – San Francisco – Ra’Shede Hagaman – DT – Minnesota
    31 – Denver – Bradley Roby – CB – Ohio State
    32 – Seattle – Ryan Shazier – LB – Ohio State

10. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +242 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    706ß
    Hey Soul check out who is taking a TE in that mock at #12. Signing Bennett must have really hurt them.

I would love to see Buffalo take Barr at #9 to keep him out of Detroits hands.

Maybe we dont get Dix or Pryer in this mock but all 3 DT's come our way.

Hope sombody grabs Mosely at LB before G.B.