Chicago Bears 2014 Draft

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by jackiejokeman, Jan 15, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,905ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    interesting they have Niklas going in rd 1. Granted NE needs a TE to replace Aaron Hernandez but first time I seen Niklas in rd 1

2. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    860ß
    And what does that tell you about Grontkowski ? Who has been injured the last two years.

3. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    860ß
    1) Jernigan or Donald (DT)
    2) Ward (SS)
    3) Borland (MLB)
    4) EJ Gaines (CB)
    5) Taylor Hart (DE) or Ellis (DT)
    6a) Hurst , Britt (OT)
    6b) Ikard , Larsen (C)

How does that look ?

4. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,714ß
    This is only Mock v1.0. NFP did 12 last year so we'll see more shifting around as we get closer to D-Day.

5. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,877ß
    C.J. Mosley to the Packers is a scary thought.

6. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    I can pretty much see the first 13 picks going how the mock Soul posted. Only real shift I see coming is between Dix, Pryor, and Donald. One or more will be there when we pick so I do not think this is a very complex pick for Phil. Only wrench that could be thrown in is having Donald gone and selecting between Dix, Pryor or go fishing for a guy like Jernigan or Denard.

• Like Like x 1
  7. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,714ß
    I think there's a pretty good chance Dix will go Grizz. He may not be quite up to the levels of some of the top Safeties from the last decade but he played at "Bama" and he's good enough to warrant a top ten pick if someone really needs a Safety bad enough. I think he's a bit of a wild card in that top ten or twelve. Some have Pryor rated higher but I still think of the two Dix will go first.

I'd be surprised to see Donald taken before us only because most the teams who use a 3 tech draft behind us. I suppose Detroit is a possibility because they don't seem too happy with Fairley right now but it's Suh whose really they're 3 tech guy and anyway they seem to like bigger guys. Because of his size Donald is still gonna be seen as a risk by some GMs and because he's strictly a one position guy.

To me there's no doubt that his best fit is with the Bears because size matters less than strength and quickness on that line. Even Ratliff is just 300lbs as a NT who can also play 3 tech. Collins and Paea are a little under 300lbs. If by chance someone does grab Donald I think Emery would settle for Jernigan. He's the next man up. He's more of a power guy than a penetrator but he can still play 3 tech.

8. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß

I agree with everything above soul. If emery judges Jerrigan to be worth the 14 pick I have no problem with him. To be honest I am slightly leery that Donald is a better player than Jerrigan. I give him a slight edge because he is a perfect fit for our need. Jerrigan was consistently a force thru college and flat out took over some games (Miami, Clemson) and I think will be a solid nfl player. I have backed off talking about him because I am prolly a bit biased. I am curious what will happen if Dix and Donald are gone and Emery is picking between Pryor and Jerrigan.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    860ß
    It all sounds well and good but lets be thinking this way ... who traded up to get Alshon ?

If Donald and Jerrigan can be got by trading up ... you just built your interior.

What does that leave over ? Safety. How many draft picks surrenderd for players not needed ?

Its DT and safety. What do you give away in order to trade up ?

Sombodys going to be bitting at the bit for our two 6th rounders.

Lets make a deal.

10. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    860ß
    How do you take a score of music and pick out the best for CHICAGO BEARS ?

I like the drums. Flutes ok also. I still like the drums ...Soulman it just seems soooo ... CHICAGO BEARS.

You can just see us wasting anyone that gets in our way.