Chicago Bears 2014 Draft

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by jackiejokeman, Jan 15, 2014.

1. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +317 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    150ß
    The only concern I have about Hageman is the premier OL players getting lower/faster in blocking. No matter how fast or strong or skilled you are if that happens you are toast ... at least of that play.

But if he is clearly the best and will be a stud for us for the next 5 - 10 years, go for it! I really don't care who we draft. All I want is 1 (hopefully 2) big body in the middle of our D so we can be respectable against the run.
  2. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +735 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    695ß
    Here is a link to a real good read about Senior Bowl practices and those impressing and disappointing. For those not famlliar with GBN it is a good resource for college football information

http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm
  3. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    357ß
    How does this look ?

1) Tim Jernigan (DT)
    2) Kyle Fuller (CB)
    3) Jimmie Ward (SS)
    4) Taylor Hart (DE)
    5) Bryan Stork (C)
    6a) Borland/Bullough (MLB)
    6b) Fleming/Henderson (OT)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 50YearFrustration

50YearFrustration Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    The Bears need defense, but I for one am sick of the Lovie-esque three techniques who constantly get blown 4 yards off the ball in the running game. Paea is an undersized nose tackle already and unimpressive. I'd rather see a "coke machine" in there with Ratliff at the three,....:4_8_4v[1]:
  5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    Jj IMO that would be the perfect draft, don't think stork would make it to rd 5 but regardless if it happened exactly as stated id be estatic
  6. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    357ß
    Well did any of the DT's impress anyone at the senior bowl?
  7. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    357ß
    Obviously not.

Well that answers that fuckin question.

OK so if nobody thinks theres a long term DT in this years draft ...

That leaves FA. So we better be rounding up whats out there.

Whos out there ?
  8. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    357ß
    Should we switch gears when it comes to the draft and go after secondary in the first?
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,952 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    JJ, that is a question to answer after FA. DT/DE is pretty deep right now, so if you HaHa C-D was there I don't see how they DON'T draft him, he'd be the best S the team has had since Mike Brown. They could also go CB or MLB, take a look at the depth chart and the MLB position is literally bare right now.
  10. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    357ß
    Ric, A player like MIKE BROWN ?? GIMME TWO !!

Hey lets be lookin at Shea being switched to SLB ... you knew this was going to happen if he has any worth.

I think Shea is the long term MLB ... just as most of us figured at the time ... the replacement for # 54.

Its either that or we really fuucked up that draft pick.

Did you watch the Senior Bowl ? None of the DT's did shit.

Maybe Jerrigen out of the bunch.
  11. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    I agree C-D would be almost a slam dunk pick, along with Jerrigan. But who knows with FA how it will change. If something crazy happens such as landing Byrd in FA, then the C-D pick likely goes out the window.
  12. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,952 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    Grizz, yep that's why I'm anxious to see what the Bears do in FA.
  13. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    Another factor is what scheme or defense will be running, if we move to a 3-4 then Jerrigan is likely out and nix enters the talks. Mack would also be in contention if it looked we were going 3-4 to play the 5.
  14. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,952 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    Grizz, i'm not 100% that they go DT/NT in the 1st. I think it's a real toss up between CB, S, ILB and DT/DE. The depth at DT/DE seems better then the other positions so it's very possible they go w/the DL in the early mid rounds.
  15. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    I could see S or CB easily as well. Only issue is similar to offense of the past if we get destroyed up front it won't matter who is playing behind them were pretty much dead to rights.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +735 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    695ß
    Just for thought, I posted it a while back on Bears failed to eminate the Broncos offensive model.

What if we do not sign McCown. Do we go for Carr at QB as he could be last of top four left. If CuItler gets hurt we need a QB, with no QB it will not matter on Defense. Resigning McCown eliminates this but not done yet.

The Denver model is basically score more than they do. What if Eborn TE or WR Evans or Lee sitting there. Eborn allows two tight end set, another weapon on offense and helps Forte more with 2 TE set. If we cut Earl Bennett for salary cap do we pick up another potential #1 receiver, Marshall a FA next year also. If we want to outscore the other team some top not talent could be there. There will be several defensive players of value in the later rounds to grab. DT, DE, CB, OC, S, best avail.(te or qb) whichever we do not take in rd 1.

I am not necessarily convinced of above scenario but could see it happening. Probably because we are use to a good defense and just having a kick ass offense is foreign to many of us. For years we had a kick ass defense and always brought in fresh talent. That now goes for the Offense and makes above scenario plausible.
  17. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    Good point and yeah IMO I'd McCown dosent come back then qb shoots up our draft board and even a first rounder is not out of the question. Cutler has Missed games the last few years, it's a trend and we have to be ready for t to happen again.
  18. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    357ß
    Just watched the SUPERBOWL ...

Ok who's the smart ass that moved DAA BEARRSSE DEFENSE to the Great Pacific Northwest ?

Gotta give props to Seattles Defense ... I mean JesusfuckingChrist ! Dem boyz is good !

BTW ... they did not blow out the 1985 BEARS margin of victory ... by one point.

They kept saying during the game how they got there with FA, drafted,undrafted.

Can we do that ?
  19. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    71ß
    we sure can JJ and it starts with Micheal Bennett wanting to get a SuperBowl with his Brother now.
  20. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,952 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß

serioulsy JJ, no need for cursing in every post you have. it's not like you're talking and it just happens, you're typing it, therefore you can and should have enough common sense to go back and remove it. It's a FAMILY FRIENDLY SITE stop w/the F bombs for no reason.

2ndly, no the Bears cannot build via FA, the Cutler contract ate to much of it. They were able to hit FA that hard b/c their starting qb costs less then 1 mil. Cutlers contract is 20 mil; BIG DIFFERENCE. They can do some work w/FA, and will need to bring in UDFA's and drafted players but they cannot build the way Sea did b/c of they decided to way overpay Cutler.