Chicago Bears 2014 Draft

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by jackiejokeman, Jan 15, 2014.

1. mshu7

mshu7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    I'd be alright if DJ was back in the middle.
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,997 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,013ß

JJ, draft doesn't wokr w/biggest need gets taken first, and all other needs after that. If biggest need is a RB, you don't take them in the 1st b/c you can normally fill that hole later, deeping on the depth of the position. This year it's looking like DB and DL are the depth of the draft so you can get high quality players later; ILB is very thin(per usual) so if that is a need you take care of it fist. Guys like Anthony Johnson, George Eko, Ego Ferguson, SJB(cb) and Ty Zimmerman(S), and many others at DB/DL are all seens as 2nd to mi round guys, all are capable of playing. There are like 2 other ILB's outside of Mosely, and none of playing close to that level.

NO ONE in the Bears see's She as a MLB, he's going to be an OLB, if anything. Even if DJ is 1st, you still need Mosely for depth AND as a future starter.
  3. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    If Mosley is there it throws a wrench in our decision making, but I'm not sure we take that risk unless we have really shored up our DL and S in FA. C-D or Jerrigan right now would still benifit us more than a mlb would. Now say we land Byrd and we are able to resign Ratliff and maybe add another guy into the mix then Id love to have Mosley but until we shore up what's in front of him it won't matter who is at mlb because they won't be effective with our 3 and 2 constantly getting blown into their laps as they try to make reads and fill alleys.
  4. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,997 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,013ß
    Grizz, it really all depends on FA and how that falls out; it will also depend on how the team grades the combine and individual workouts.
  5. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    364ß
    Heres whats coming up on the Combine :

Saturday 2/22 : K-OL-TE
    Sunday 2/23 : RB-QB-WR
    Monday 2/24 : LB-DL
    Tuesday 2/25 : DB
    • Like Like x 1
  6. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,997 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,013ß
    cananot wait for Mon and Tues to come then, thanks for the info JJ
  7. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    With the confirmed 4-3 base Jerrigan is now my clear cut favorite and if he's there I seriously hope we take him. He's a true 3 tech and fits perfectly. Very talented player who seems to come up with that crucial middle pressure, should be a day one shoe in to start. Our defense was shredded last year mostly for the fact that we just got our teeth kicked in up front and Jerrigan should aide us there. A good DL elevates the play of the entire unit, and allows the dc to have the entire playbook at his arsenal. No different than the oline and look at the improvement there. Nix is now a non option as he is a 3-4 nt exclusively, so if Jerrigan is there I hope we never have a second thought. We can (hopefully) snag that saftey from UL in rd 2 and would be off to a phenomenal start.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    364ß
    I'm trying to find out about defensive players that may be good for us. Ive found a few.

Virginia Tech cornerback Kyle Fuller is regarded as a first-round talent and a lock to be drafted during the first round provided that he runs the 40-yard dash in the 4.4-second range, according to NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock.
    "The Fuller kid, I really like, I think he can flat-out play," Mayock said during a conference call Tuesday. "I just want to see what he runs. I think he's long. He tackles. He's got ball skills."
    The Mount St. Joseph graduate and Baltimore native plans to conduct a full workout with every test and drill at the NFL scouting combine this week, according to his agent, Greg Barnett.
    Fuller is coming off sports hernia surgery in November and pulled out of the Senior Bowl all-star game as he continued to rehabilitate from his injury.

Fuller's 40-yard dash times have been in the 4.45 range during previous testing at Virginia Tech.
    Fuller is the third-rated player at his position by Mayock behind Michigan State cornerback Daqueze Dennard and Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert, grading him ahead of Texas Christian cornerback Jason Verrett and Ohio State cornerback Bradley Roby.
    Fuller was an All-Atlantic Coast Conference first-team coaches selection last season, finishing with 24 tackles, two interceptions and 10 pass deflections last season. He was named a second-team All-American by the Walter Camp Foundation.

Fuller's oldest brother, safety Vincent Fuller, played in the NFL for the Tennessee Titans and Detroit Lions. Another older brother, wide receiver Corey Fuller, plays for the Lions.
    Kendall Fuller, Kyle Fuller's younger brother, was a freshman All-American last season and the ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year last season. He led Virginia Tech with six interceptions.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe we should wait for his little brother.
  9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    364ß
    Jimmie Ward S Northern Illinois 5'11" 191 lbs. 4.59/ 40. (seems kinda slow,can he be worked up?)
    2014 Senior Bowl, Who Helped Themselves: Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois - Scouts knew heading into the Senior Bowl that Ward possessed the fluidity and instincts to cover but competition in the MAC is much different than in Mobile. Athletic enough to handle deep coverage, as well as slide down to cover slot receivers, Ward was the Senior Bowl's most impressive pass defender this year.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    364ß
    Tayler Hart DE Oregon 6'6" 286 lbs. 2013 stats : 64 tackles 3 sacks 40 time : 5.0

The Shea McClellin we should have had ?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    364ß
    Justin Ellis DT Louisiana Tech 6'1" 342 lbs. 40 time : 5.5 2013 stats : 48 tackles 1.5 sacks

You want a fire hydrant ? This is a fire hydrant. How do you tip it over?
  12. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    364ß
    Walter Football researched the bust rate for first round DT's and it was at 46%
    If the right DT is not there I would think corner or safety.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    364ß
  14. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    364ß
    Muh MAN .. what an OFFENSIVE LINE and DEFENSIVE LINE should be.

Play it like its meant to be played when the refs arent looking.

God bless you Conrad Dobler !
  15. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    All good stuff jj, but not sure any of those guys warrent our 14 pick. You mention a lot of 40 times, that's great and all but with combine season upon us it's still about game film. I think too many fans (and GMs) get enthrall by what a guy does at the combine and we forget that it's really about what the tape says. I hope this combine allows us to solidify a decision between C-D and Jerrigan, not add some afterthought to the conversation. The combine should be more about watching who we can get for rounds 3-7 not 1, 2. For those two, screw the combine leme see what the tape says.
  16. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    364ß
    Yea Grizz the 14th pick ... its like its cast in stone. Has any team really signed a high end FA yet ?

Seems like we are dingin scrubs so far.
  17. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    Jj nobody can until the new league year starts, March 15th or somewhere around there. After that we should get a bit better of an idea on how the draft will go as we surely will fill a hole or 2.
  18. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    76ß
    March 11 is when current contracts end...something like 11am...anyways players become free agents and can be signed on March 11 lol broken record I do sound like....hah
  19. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    364ß
    I keep having brain farts that its Feb.11 for F.A. Im going to go look at Centers in the later rounds and post what I can find here.
  20. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    364ß
    Finding a few Centers for sixth round ...

Bryan Stork C Florida State 6'3" 306 lbs. Arm length is stumpy at 31". Good hands at 10+ inches.
    40 dash ... 5.3

Tyler Larsen C Utah State 6'4" 313 lbs.

Utah State is sending a school-record four former football players to the 2014 NFL Combine, which will begin on Saturday, February 22 in Indianapolis, Ind. The combine will run through Tuesday, Feb. 25. Those Aggies scheduled to attend this year’s NFL Combine include Maurice Alexander, Tyler Larsen, Nevin Lawson and D.J. Tialavea.

In all 324 players were invited to this year’s NFL Combine, including 56 defensive backs, 11 offensive centers and 19 tight ends.
    • Like Like x 1