Chicago Bears' Charles Tillman will test free agency

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by ZifanQ, Jan 25, 2014.

1. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    82ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I know and nothing is final yet, but I don't think he is going to come back and it just reminds me of the Urlacher situation, beloved Bears player who won't get a new contract to end their career as Bears.. Urlacher of course did but most likely because nobody wanted to him that much. I just got a gut feeling he wont come back. Not saying this is a bad thing though

2. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +931 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    251ß
    I really don't think the FO is looking at this as another opportunity to "purge" a "Lovie player". I understand the concept, but I just don't believe that has anything to do with it. I actually have a gut feeling he WILL be back with the Bears, but my gut is wrong just as often as it's right, so take that for what it's worth. :)

I believe the two sides have talked and the Bears have shared this opinion: We want you (Tillman) to remain a Bear and we're pretty sure you would like to finish your career here, but we can't afford to keep you at what we've been paying you in your prime. We do not want the same situation we had with the media when Urlacher was let go, so check the market and see what kind of offers you get and then we'll see if we can match. We don't want to insult anyone with a low offer, so see what your services bring and then we'll talk.

I could be completely wrong, but that's what I think we're seeing.