CHICAGO BEARS @ Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by jackiejokeman, Sep 15, 2013.

1. jbunch14

jbunch14

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Having Miller back will be a big boost for their O, as he is a great checkdown for Ben when he gets in a jam. If he is still gimpy, maybe not as effective as usual. I really feel the Bears are going to have a coming out party against the Steelers. The offense is getting more reps, and Cutler is looking more comfortable. I hated the play call from the one on the Cutler interception. I like Trestman a lot, but that reminded me of a Martz/Hester end around call. Just pound the damn ball in!!
  2. MPbears68

MPbears68

Ratings:
    +857 / 1 / -0
    If Heath plays, I can't imagine he's going to be anywhere near 100%. He hasn't played a down in like 10 months so he shouldn't be much of a threat.

On your bold point, I couldn't agree more. I was there at SF and huge groan went up from the crowd. It was a "too cute by half" STUPID play call made all the more dumb by Cutler throwing over the middle to his 3rd option who is not a real receiver (Maneri is mostly a pure blocker). Bad shit tends to happen on tipped balls with 11 defenders crowded into a tight 11 yard space. Jay should have chucked that ball into the stands and started over on 2nd down. Better yet, Trestman shouldn't have out-thought it to begin with. We were moving the ball on the ground, you're 1st and goal inside the 1, and you have a good power back in Bush coming in fresh. Just POUND THE DAMN BALL ON THE GROUND! Even if it is obvious (we had already thrown for a TD from in close so that's not even certain), there's a 90% chance Bush scores in 1 try and 99% chance in 2. Don't make it complicated, Marc.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MikeGolf97

MikeGolf97

Ratings:
    +10 / 2 / -2
    This is a horrible team with good coaching. What about the Steelers scare you? The defense will slow our offense down but they don't have the players to cover both a run and a pass game. Big Ben is a good QB with no line and lack of weapons, zero run game. Road game and good coaching, so the only thing that can beat us this week is us.
  4. MPbears68

MPbears68

Ratings:
    +857 / 1 / -0
    I agree completely. This is a 28-10 Bears win talent-wise. The question that bugs me is:
    Will we have ST lapses and stupid turnovers that let an inferior team hang around?

I'm assuming Trestman won't make the same play call mistakes he did last week.
  5. jbunch14

jbunch14

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    I really think we win this game handily, but I am scared of playing a desperate Pit team on Sunday night in primetime. Hasn't been a good combination for us in the past. I think this is proving time for Jay and the offense.
  6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  7. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    +1 Completely absurd how people are making out the Steelers to be some formidable foe. The Steelers are a horrible team with aging stars. They don't even have any offensive firepower anymore and their defense is subpar. This is an easy win for the Bears. The only way they lose this game is if Little Grossman (Cutler) gives the game away. If the Bears can't beat this weak Steeler team then we might as well pack it in as Bears fans. You can't lose games like this on the schedule. And if they can't beat the Steelers then this team is junk.
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,531 / 0 / -0
    I hope you are right.

But, there are very few "easy wins" in the NFL now. I don't see the Steelers rolling over for the Bears in front of their home crowd on prime time Sunday Night Football. I don't think you do either Mr D. You seem to know football pretty well. Bears SHOULD win. It won't be an "easy win" for them.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0

Steelers have the number 10 D in the league <===YEAH THATS REALLY ABSURD

I've said before I'll say it again TOMORROW is Trestmans first trap in the NFL as a HC
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,531 / 0 / -0
    Nakoma, that is a good point. They have a much better defense than we do. They are a top-10 defense, and we are #22 right now (LINK). And it's looking like Peanut won't play Sunday, or if he does, he's going to be playing on a bad knee. Meanwhile the Steelers are getting some key players back, for this game.

Guys, we aren't exactly blowing teams out. We could easily be 0-2 right now also.

The Steelers have lost 2 games guys. Get a grip. They are far from dead for this season - especially if they come out and take care of us Sunday night. They know that.

For you guys who think this is going to be an "easy win" I hope you are right. But to be honest, I don't see that happening. This is a good team we are playing. I've watched them play this year and they have the team that is quite capable of beating us, if we don't take care of business Sunday.
  11. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0

STILL isn't going top stop me from Posting this JABzz

bear30.gif

:D ;)

it's going to be one of those any given Sundays JABzz IF Da Bears go in there and smoke there azzez well Trestman's really going to start looking like the healer he's been acclaimed to be

IF
    the Bears are 4-3 ,.....5-2 by the Packer game ,.... don't be too surprised if the media heads have begun whispering & mumbling about the Coach of the year Award

With a lopsided win tomorrow (3-1 margin of victory ) and Cutty plays error free football ,.. the seeds will be planted
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,531 / 0 / -0
    Jeff Dickerson has this overall forecast, and I think he's probably got it right. An 0-2 start to the Steelers hasn't meant they are a bad team. The Steelers have made the playoffs three of the past four times they have opened 0-2. This team can do the same. They have a QB who has taken them to the Super Bowl multiple times, and he's won the Super Bowl. Yes, like us, they have some older veteran players, but like us, these guys can still play at a high level.

Going to be a really tough, ugly game. We should win though. But it will be close.

13. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -1
    WE DID IT !!

On the ROAD ... AT ... Pittburgh.

3-0.

GOD blesses those that help themselves.

WE just turned into motherfuuckers ... not also rans.

The TRESSMAN era ... This is going to be interesting.

40-23 at PITT.

We got away with some kind of bullshit going thru a learning curve with Cinncy & Minnie ...

WE CAME ON TO OUR OWN WITH PITT.

CHICAGO BEARS!!!