CHICAGO BEARS @ Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by jackiejokeman, Sep 15, 2013.

1. EmeryBored

EmeryBored Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    The Steelers looked really bad tonight.

2. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,219ß
    Ratings:
    +683 / 2 / -18
    :10_4_4v[1]:

• Like Like x 1
  3. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,554ß
    Ratings:
    +812 / 7 / -26
    Just watched MNF. Steelers have absolutely zero running game. BigBen was under fire all night. If the Bears DL doesn't get to him, no excuses accepted. They still have some good defenders, though. Expect them to get pressure on Jay. He needs to take care of the ball. I hope he doesn't get too focused on Marshall, because I think Ike Taylor will do a pretty good job on him. He held AJ Green to 44 yards and no score --great job. Forte will have problems running against their line, I believe. So, the key to victory is to win the turnover differential by playing a patient, controlled offense and wait for the Steelers to make errors.

Did any of you guys watch MNF? What impressed you?

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,014ß
    Ratings:
    +2,840 / 7 / -9
    After watching last nights game..... I retract much of my last statement.

Bears should win

5. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    377ß
    Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    Hopefully we take the best from each of the first two games and show the doubters who we are. Just like last week we should control this game. Lets not let them score on our mistakes.

6. dachuckster

dachuckster Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    709ß
    Ratings:
    +622 / 1 / -0
    But the Steelers will be at home and will be 0-2 and desperate. While they are a terrible team, they can still come out and win a close game, if allowed to hang around. We need to put them away early and so far this season, that has not been the way the Bears play.

I agree that the Bear should win easily but I am still concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,554ß
    Ratings:
    +812 / 7 / -26
    From what I saw, if Cutler doesn't make a turnover, the Bears win. But if we are -2 again on turnovers, it will be another dog fight to the finish.

Taylor was giving A.J. Green the short zone. Most of his receptions were timed square-outs for 7-8 yards. If he plays Marshall the same way he played Green, the Bears should run that about 6 times until he moves up to stop it. Then go deep. Patience. Unlike Tillman, he did a good job of taking away the long bombs to Green.

On defense, they will blitz, so I don't want all those7-step drops Cutler did vs, Vikings. 3-step drop. Get it out fast. No sacks or INTs please.

8. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,014ß
    Ratings:
    +2,840 / 7 / -9

Nothing is a given.

Yes, they are at home and in full desperation mode, but there was little they did to impress me.

Still not a cake walk, but my confidence level went up a little that the Bears SHOILD (key word) win

• Like Like x 1
  9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,052ß
    Ratings:
    +1,963 / 2 / -0
    The game is the Bears' to lose. For all the fawning the announcers did over the Steelers/Lebeau defense, it's nothing more than average (and OLD). Way below Cincy's D and no better than Minny's. The Pittsburgh O sucks hard. They have no running game, a battered OL, and those receivers are 10 miles of bad road (Cotchery, no TE lol). Our D should surrender no more than 14 to them or something is really wrong.

That all having been said, if the Bears play a crapfest again like they did this past Sunday (no pass rush, 4 TOs, giving up a return TD) we could easily blow a very winnable road game.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    531ß
    Ratings:
    +1,239 / 1 / -0
    Any given Sunday. We are not so bad that we can't beat the best team in the league, but we are not so good that we can't lose to the worst.