Chicago Bears: Predicting Every Roster Battle Winner

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Jun 12, 2014.

1. weneedmorelinemen

ßearz ßuckz:
    488ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I don't know if I would hang my hat on Claussen's "accuracy".

2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß
    But still more "accurate" than Palmer. lol

3. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,653ß
    :rofl2::bah: Nuff said! (you don't like my Badgers lb? :cry:)

4. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,653ß

Hell, with the catching radius of that bunch we have all any QB needs to do it get it within a city block of them and they'll probably come down with it. :5v[1]:

5. weneedmorelinemen

ßearz ßuckz:
    488ß
    Eh, when Claussen played as a rookie, that ball was all over the place. Steve Smith went berserk on him on the sidelines after one errant throw. I would not say he's lights out above Palmer in accuracy. I thought he threw the ball pretty well in that 4th preseason game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    118ß
    I don't agree with Conte and Groy

7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,249ß
    Good breakdown, Soul, and hard to find any fault in your best guesses.

You made a really good point about limiting Fales' exposure in PS as a means of sneaking him on the PS. I had thought it might be tough to get and keep a drafted QB there but that may be a way to do it. From what I've read (and doing a little reading between the lines as well) Fales has a LONG way to go to even be a viable backup. My guess is that the coaching staff saw how raw he was in person and knew there was no way this guy was anything more than a 2015 TC prospect at this time so there's your motivation to sign Clausen (who's more than likely got the inside track for the #3 spot). Hopefully, Fales gets a full year on the PS otherwise there's not much point in drafting a guy in effect for another team who pilfers him.

And at TE, I don't see Fendi supplanting Rosario. If FO makes it, it will be at the expense of someone else IMO. The team trade a pick for Rosario and re-signed him (twice!) so that tells me he's not likely to be cut outright.

8. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,653ß
    I believe there's room for both Onobun and Rosario too and I think there would have been last year too if Onobun hadn't flubbed his shot in preseason. Rosario is really an HBack type not an inline TE so in order to fairly backup Bennett we need a guy with Onobun's size and potential. We can live with 5 WRs instead of 6 WRs if Onobun is up to it because he has the speed to line up in the slot or even outside if they need him to.

I think part of Fales problem is that he lacks an NFL arm or at least one that would put him even in the same county as Cutler. In a WCO it's more about velocity and throwing a tight/catchable spiral than it is having a gun to throw 70 yards down field. (Cutler can do that too) Even in Fales highlight vids I noticed that he throws a lot of wobblers and they'll need to fix that before they can let him play. We throw too many passes into tight coverage to have a QB who can't put in on the money with some zip and I don't believe he has that yet. So if we can get him onto the PS and give Cavanaugh and Trestman a year to work on his delivery and his velocity maybe we have something in him and in the meantime we have Clausen who has a very quick release and can throw a pro ball.

There aren't a whole lot of openings on this team but where they exist Emery has made damn sure they'll be enough tough competition for that roster spot.

9. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    245ß
    I don't agree with Conte and Onobun.

10. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,905ß
    The silence around Onobun is either the best kept secret in the NFL or he has not made the improvement necessary.

I still see Bostic in the MLB role, Greene was drafted to replace Briggs when the time comes and I see no reason to change that. If Greene has improved like Bostic appears to have in the off season then we will be good there as well. Still need a spot for UDFA C Jones and De De Lattimore seems to be making noise to probably replace DJ next year as Bostic back up at MLB. Jones can back up McC or fight it out with Greene for Briggs spot in time. Right now I am feeling pretty good about the LB position, and I was worried about it during the draft.

I see Fales on the PS as well if we can get him there. Not sure I see any loyalty to Palmer over Clausen. Poor example using Cutler vs McCown last year. Cutler was always the starter and never questioned, Palmer does not have the experience to make him a lock over Clausen