Chicago Bears to bring back Rex Grossman?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Mar 31, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Don't you just love them CU Buffalos. Pot's legal here now so Salaam can open up his own doobie shop if he doesn't smoke up all the inventory first. :4_15_1[1]: Rasta mon smoke dat spliff.

2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,258ß
    I would not say no. We saw how good Rex could be in a Lovie offense, imagine what he can do in a Trestman offense

3. Loki

Loki Assault Admin
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,672ß

See... that is where you thought wrong. Green and Gold doesn't have QB "Controversies". Our idea of a QB controversy was getting rid of one best gunslingers in the land (who had lost his step) to retire or move the hell on so that one of the other best 'slingers could take over.

Chicago so be so lucky as to have the QB issues we've had...

4. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    But we're almost there ourselves. Tell Rodgers to move over Cutler is catching up. :5v[1]:

He's also gonna have to move a little faster now with Allen chasing tail from one side and McClellin from the other.

5. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    It was only a matter of time before someone started a "Bring Back Rex" thread. Should have waited a day though. Now having said that I believe that Rex was screwed by JA & Lovie not knowing a thing about offense. I do think his time has passed though.
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,087ß
    There is some truth to that. And once a QB loses his confidence he's pretty much done in the NFL. I will always wonder if one or two of the failed QB's of the Lovie Smith era, could have done better with the high-powered weapons we have now, and with the scheme we have now, and with a solid offensive-minded coach like Trestman. Of course we'll never know. But contrasting what Lovie put out there for an offense, with what is NOW in Chicago, is like night and day different.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,087ß
    To be honest, I don't think Aaron Rodgers is losing any sleep worrying about Shea McClellin.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    This & injuries.

9. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    248ß
    I thought McCown was crap and he was, there is no doubt leading up to last year he was never going to be any good.

It makes me wonder why people are looking over Palmer? He has actually had a full year with Trestman. Palmer has great size, a quick release, decent arm strength, and he can move pretty good for a guy that is 6'5".

I think this year will go just like last year, the guy that everyone is doubting and looking over will likely be the back up and preform well if called upon.

Oh yeah, NO TO REX!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Seqq34

Seqq34 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    265ß
    did you really just ask me if i've heard of Flutie lol i wasn't trying to say Grossman would have been a great QB but with the choices made by management it sure didn't help his confidence. anyway...