Chicago Tribune: Bears could target Missouri pass rusher with top pick

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Feb 18, 2014.

1. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    88ß
    Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Time will tell. He wouldn't be cheap, that's for sure.

2. kevperro

kevperro Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    411ß
    Ratings:
    +294 / 0 / -0
    That is for sure... I look at players like stocks. Buy low and sell high. Right now his stock is at an all time high and he has expressed an interest in staying in Seattle. Everyone out here thinks the Seakhawks are in dynasty mode and I'm sure the players have bought into it. Personally... with the modern NFL rules I think dynasties as we knew them are a thing of the past.

3. BearDownUnder

BearDownUnder Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Got the right size and got the production to start in the NFL. There's a whole heap more than that to look at with scouting but if you've got those 2 basics you are heading in the right direction.

9.5 sacks and 14.5 tfl in what 12 games maybe? What I'd give for a DE who gives us a sack more weeks than not and a tackle for loss or two. That right there is how you wreck 2 offensive drives per game. It takes a good offense to keep drives alive after taking a sack or having a few tackles for loss and an even better one to do all that whilst the other team is putting up points with the ball.

Come on Emery and Tucker lets rebuild this front 4 at least.

4. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    772ß
    Ratings:
    +1,384 / 3 / -3
    I feel confident Ealy's stock will skyrocket after the combine. I'd see him as a top 10, possibly top 5 pick.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,140ß
    Ratings:
    +4,551 / 10 / -8
    Even IF Bennett were to come here, the need for a DE is still there b/c Peppers is likely cut.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,318ß
    Ratings:
    +4,619 / 4 / -1
    It seems like it's more important than ever, that teams maximize their success rate in the draft. This is key to sustained success in the NFL. Sure, fill in gaps with value options in FA (exactly what you mentioned, it's like stocks.....buy low, and limit the buy high players as much as possible). If a team has a rock solid scouting department and GM, then you can still have sustained success in the NFL. I'm hoping we have that kind of guy in Phil Emery. Only time will tell.