chicago v cincy post game

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!

A bit off topic but I would completely agree. There's two have no business on sports radio because frankly they are clueless to anything that isn't baseball.

I won't even listen to them anymore, rather flip up the dial a bit because of that fact that you pointed out. Those two morons will "rip" a caller and hang up while being dead wrong about the issue. Only good example I remember off the top of my head was them arguing a guy about no touch icing. Guy was 100% correct but B and B made clueless jokes about him and hung up. Believe that was the last time I tolerated their joke of a show.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    672ß
    When I first heard them I was like how can these guys be on Chicago radio. Their entire goal is to rip their callers and insult the Chicago teams. That's fine rip the teams but at least be funny when doing it. So why would anyone in Chicago listen to these 2 morons?

• Like Like x 1
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,119ß
    I listen to them when one is out and Lawrence Holmes is in. And if the ESPN didn't have a better show I might listen anyways. They are asshats, but when they are just talking sports, they normally have some good nuggets; it's just to far between b/c of the bit they're doing.

but that's the thing, they are the exception to the rule, not the rule itself.

4. Rogelio

Rogelio
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    195ß
    He wasn't going to take anything this year because he is still getting paid by the Bears to sit at home. Next year I can almost guarantee that Lovie will at least get several interviews.

5. 4dabers

4dabers
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    690ß
    I understand man, I understand (about the whole getting paid thing). As far as your confidence in him finding a new HC job, that's fine. We disagree, but that's cool too. I think the man decided to sit out a year because he thought it was a good opportunity to spend time with his family and the right offer wasn't there anyway. From what I understand, he is a good christian man that values his time with family and the Head Coaching Job is an intense and time consuming one. He has plenty of money and he's still getting paid large so why not take a year off and see if he even WANTS to do this any more. There are people that have made a LOT less than he has that have retired far earlier. If you want to guarantee (or almost do so) that he will get several interviews (I don't doubt that, I just doubt the whole hiring thing) then so be it. It's not a ridiculous claim and I'm not saying it is, I just disagree, that's all.

• Like Like x 2
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,119ß
    Lovies biggest problem come the interview time is going to be explaining how the O only got worse every year and why he couldn't get a good OC in there, and how he would correct those issues next time around.

7. Rogelio

Rogelio
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    195ß
    Hey, I am no fan of Lovie. I am thrilled that he was fired. I'm just saying that "the league" and the media outside of Chicago seem to think really highly of him. I think that he will get another opportunity at some point, and as we heard previously, Jerry Jones seems infatuated with Lovie. But who knows? Maybe Lovie takes the Gruden route and decides he doesn't want the stress of coaching anymore.

8. Rogelio

Rogelio
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    195ß
    Well, the last three years (after Turner was fired), it was an unwinnable situation for bringing in OC's. Angelo went out and splurged in free agency because he knew that he was going to be fired if the Bears didn't win the next year. For any OC coming into a situation with a GM likely to be fired, with a coach who had been on the bubble for a few years, along with the "bad guy" image Cutler has, it looked like a job where you might end up getting fired (along with Lovie and Angelo) after one year. That's why nobody with any future in the game wanted a piece of that job. Only a guy on the outside would have risked it, and that's what we got with Martz, and then Tice. The situation was even more dire coming into 2012, with a new GM in place, so Tice ended up getting the job by default.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of Lovie, but that was a situation in which he couldn't bring in a solid OC to establish a system - because his job was on the line, too. I think that if he had a fresh start elsewhere, he could succeed on offense because he would have a better chance to hire a competent OC in year one.

9. JPosh2012

JPosh2012
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    This is going to be important come the draft time next year especially with the RT position being fixed. We are going to have a lot of needs on Defense so if the offense is taken care of for the most part it will be good. Only offensive needs I see are a developmental QB, Young C and MAYBE a developmental G/T in the late rounds to be the swing Tackle.

10. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,119ß

But Lovie has had what 4 OC's? His problem is he didn't give a shit about the O, his theory was the O just needed to not screw up the D's win; and that doesn't work in today's NFL.