chicago v cincy post game

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,628ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Not only won, but came back after trailing by 11.

Of course, the Bengals kinda screwed themselves over in the second half as well

• Like Like x 1
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,770ß
    Lets also give some more cred to the coaches, The first half was damn near at 3 to 1 ratio in yards for cincy, the 2nd half the Bears reversed that and at the end of the game, the yards were damn near equal 340 to 323

• Like Like x 4
  3. BearsWin

BearsWin Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Not so sure that we were the better team, just a bit more opportunistic. I'll take it, but i think we would lose 2/3. Today was just the one.

ps. why did the bengals seem to get an extra 5 yards after every hit??? that was very aggrevating.

• Like Like x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,770ß
    from espn:

Locker Room Buzz: Chicago Bears
    September, 8, 2013
    SEP 8
    5:20
    PM ET
    By Michael C. Wright | ESPNChicago.com
    CHICAGO -- Observed in the locker room after the Bears’ 24-21 win over the Cincinnati Bengals.

No-huddle ineffective: The Bears tried to execute the no-huddle offense early against the Bengals, but “the [calls] just weren’t working,” according to tackle Jermon Bushrod. Running the no-huddle offense is supposed to speed up things, but in this case it slowed down things, he said.

Rookie has words with Atkins: Bears right guard Kyle Long walked off the field talking to Bengals defensive tackle Geno Atkins, and in the locker room after the game the rookie seemed in awe of the feat he had just accomplished in his first NFL start. The Bears held the Bengals sackless.

“I told him my sleep cycle will probably be back to normal after playing him,” Long said. “It’s like trying to block a fire hydrant. The guy’s like bolted to the ground.”

Williams holds up in debut: Linebacker D.J. Williams missed the preseason due to a calf injury, but played the whole game without conditioning becoming an issue.

“It’s been a long time since I actually put a bunch of plays together,” said Williams, clad in all black, including a T-shirt with a screened image of Bruce Lee.

For as iffy as Shea has been, Long has proven to be really solid. Atkins is hardly a stiff, and for Long to hold up that well against him is definately a feat.
    I have no issues w/how DJ played, this was essentially his pre season. I'll be more critical next week though. But make no mistake for as quite as Williams was, Bostic would have made a lot of negative noise this week against the Bengals, Eifert and the rest of those guys going over the middle would have had a field day against him.

5. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    TBH Cinny shot themselves in the foot ,with the silly penalties..

6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,803ß
    Today was just a first step on a season's journey. Trestman will build on this. We all understand this team will have to improve all season long. Lots of things to work on. But it was a wonderful beginning win against a high quality opponent.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,241ß
    Holy Shit Adi, thats an OLD sig... I think that thing was first seen in like 2005-2006.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BearsWin

BearsWin Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    I agree, wins are better than losses. Especially against a good team. I think Cincy will again challenge for the playoffs. Watching SF and GB, they look better than we did today.

9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,770ß
    man so the buzz has worn off, and it was just so nice to see a Bears team that just didn't look like they belonged on the field w/another really good team. 1st 1/2 was sloppy, but w/a new OC/HC and a new DC and a new player calling the D plays I don't know what more could have been expected in this game, regardless of a win or loss the team looked like it could hold it's own against the top teams in the NFL right now, and I do expect the team to play better as the time goes on.

• Like Like x 4
  10. dabears70

dabears70 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    301ß
    Peanut didn't give all those yards up to him, i saw Jennings on him some and others but Peanut takes most of it.

I'm more worried about not getting any pressure on the QB. Dalton's jersey was still looking clean in the 4th.