chicago v cincy post game

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    That's pretty much what I said.

2. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think everyone including myself we're wrong on Long. He's gonna be good. I will admit when we drafted Mills, I was like "Why the **** aren't we drafting a C?" Well it looks like so far Mills is gonna be good too.

Agreed, that is why Phil should have signed him to an extention this past off-season. Even if it was a short-term e.g. 2 year extention. I understand we had cap issues but Tillman is such an important player to our team.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Maybe Marvin Lewis had lunch with Lovie earlier in the week or something.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    64ß
    The Bears are gonna keep Peterson at bay, he'll get some yards but it won't be what he's used to getting and this will force Ponder to beat the Bears with his arm which will lead to int's from the Bears pass rush and pressure.

5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +670 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    460ß
    Very very happy with what happened today.

OL looked solid, very solid against one of, if not the best front 4s. Atkin didn't have his names called and that's a credit to the iol. Safe to say last year that guy would have given us fits and half the play book would go out the window. NO SACKS and cincy was aggressively blitzing and stunting ESP the right side. My only complaint is I would like to see Forte run harder. A lot
    of arm tackles were preventing him from hitting the 2nd and 3 rd level where we all know he can do damage.

Defense worried me a bit. Our front four was non existant and Dalton had all day to throw. This has to change as we really didn't stop them as much as we just took the ball away. This is great but you can't bank on 4 TO a game. Peppers was flat out worrisome as I watched him being single teamed a majority of the time and a non factor. Hopefully this changes.

6. dinwitty

dinwitty Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    recorded the game finished watching it (turned off the radio in the car...coming home from work)

Green shows he can do it, but that can't happen all the time, the game was rather knarly the first 3 quarters, Bengals getting the lucky breaks with Green picks on the long bomb. But I think after the half the bears worked out their game on the Bengals. The OL is looking better, Cutler was not sacked. Bengals QB finally sacked late. I didnt see Hester on the OL at all, he's better on the kick return I would not want to see him injured in regular play, let him focus on the kick return, he may be able to fill in OL on injuries or whatever.

Bengal shot themselves in the foot on the too many players on the field. You wonder howd that happen, I bet they wonder too, thought they could sneak that in but the officials would have seen it. If this is what I see as "an offensive line still being worked out" you wonder what the near future will bring.

You cant play minnesota thinking you'll get an easy win, they can surprise you so Bears better be even more ready for that game.

Cutler's making good passes like he got going last year, from last year I thought he was improved from the year before so I think this year hes kept the finesse going, there were way too many interceptions 2 years ago. One in this game but seemed to be a mental error. One pass after his scramble he found his man and threw right over a bengal, he tried to snatch the ball but missed...hehe, and the ball was caught.

4th quarter the defense seemed to rev up.

Like the reworked site forum, GO BEARS!

• Like Like x 1
  7. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    62ß
    Our D is either or. Either turn the ball over or get scored on...

Cutty looked great with time, that INT was kind of forced with a hand on his jersey as much as it was on Cuttys accuracy. Trestmans playcalling was fine and kept Cutler on his feet. OL looked good and just wait if this works.
    Still have my doubts about a high paid RB that isn't named Peterson or Foster.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    One of my more than once replayed plays:

Seeing Long, 20 something yards down field after the Jay slide on the scramble, in the grille of the Bengal who hit him late, finger pointing/barking.

Gotta feeling this nasty boy's gonna remind us of our '85 studs before this is over...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,116 / 9 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,719ß
    One of the reasons they drafted Long was for his athleticism, he is going to help out tremendously on run plays.

10. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +420 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    352ß
    i would like to point out just one thing, and i think that is the essence. we would have lost this game last year. what a difference a year makes

• Like Like x 3