Chris Williams WR/PR/KR

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by billatter, Mar 21, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,928ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    It's hard to say without more info but I'll take a shot.

Dolphins; waived/injured and therefore required to be placed on the IR list until an injury settlement was reached as per CBA?

Browns; signed to PS for a look see and then released when he wasn't what they were looking for?

CFL; played for two years and then wanted more $$$ than they offered and wanted to come to the NFL for more money.

Saints; could have been signed to PS and Bears signed him off their PS or he was released and the Bears signed him after that.

The Bears have had lots or players who signed deal but never played a down of football for them before being released and many guys are on and off the PS all year long. I don't see anything that strange as far as the NFL stuff goes. He was an UDFA most would consider too small for NFL football and he may still be too small for NFL football. I think we're about to find out.

2. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,928ß
    When Lovie was around he always had a glass that was half full and I always wondered where in the hell the other half of that glass was. The one that was half empty. :confused:

Well now I know. You have it don't you Benji? :p

3. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    156ß
    Around 35 to 40 seconds in to the video, he's showboating, and gets hit. I like the effort of the lineman that never gave up.

• Like Like x 3
  4. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    339ß
    As long as he doesnt run backwards like hester used too Ill take him in with open arms!
    Id laugh if he turned out to be 2014's sleeper player of the year

5. billatter

billatter Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    240ß
    He was down at the one. You can imagine the conversation when he reached the sidelines. He was a lot more humble crossing the goal line afterward.

6. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,928ß
    While I can understand the desire in some to do a little celebrating AFTER they score if one my players ever did if before, even without the kind of result that Williams experienced, it would be the last TD celebration he'd ever be allowed to have as long he was on my team. When you abuse some privileges they get taken away from you. That's also part of a HC's job.

7. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    810ß
    Cleveland also had Cribbs.

8. dabears70

dabears70 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    301ß
    Impressive video.

9. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,928ß
    Did my eyes and ears deceive me of was that really our old friend and former Bears QB Henry Burris tossing passes his way??? :eek:

10. billatter

billatter Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    240ß
    Yup, that's THE one and only Henry Burris. He was released lsat year by Hamilton after the season ended and signed a three year deal with Ottawa that will keep in uniform until age 41. His CFL career has been very Cutler-ish, being known for his "Good Hank, Bad Hank'" games. He has a habit of blowing the big ones, losing in the Grey Cup last year. He has one Grey Cup ring, but given the quality of the teams he has played on, he should have a fist full. He'll finish his career well up the list of all time CFL QBs, thanks to his longevity.