Coach sugar-coats Peppers & McClellin poor performance...

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by DavidL, Oct 12, 2013.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,251ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    That was precisely my point in describing how Marinelli got good pressure on RG3 last night despite not having or losing 3 of his 4 DL starters, including Demarcus Ware. And RG is a lot harder QB to coral in the pocket than Eli is. And Redskins OL can't be worse that the Giants'.

Point is: I know there have been injuries but other teams seem to overcome them. I'm losing faith in Mel Tucker very quickly.

2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,251ß
    SHEA NEEDS TO BE A MLB OR SLB
    Pretty simple.
    That's where his physical attributes point to.

3. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Agree with the majority of what is being said on here. Shea is looking less and less like a DE like alot of us feared. What more do you expect when you take an OLB in college and ask him to play a 5/7 tech in the NFL. Not strong our big enough to play the position.

4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,739ß
    I was really impressed with Marinelli's DL last night. They've had a bunch of injuries, and they still keep rolling. I thought Marinelli was gonna stroke-out last night, the way he was "into the game" and so passionate (he got a bench personal foul for it at one point, but could hardly blame him. It was a bad call). I think our DL, minus Marinelli, is what you see now. Not much.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,251ß
    Yeah and it isn't the kid's fault. The coaches are mis-using him and wasting him. He's a 245lb high motor/speed guy whose abilities are wasted when he's asked to put a hand down and be locked up immediately with an OT at the line. Does it take a genius to see this?
    So now 2 whole seasons are being wasted playing him where he's a liability instead of developing the LB techniques he could be mastering by now.
    I do love what Phil Emery has done for this offense but the whole Shea situation is a major black mark on his record so far.

6. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    I love Emery as well, but IF we ULTIMATELY wind up trading/releasing Shea, only to see him thrive as a LB on some other team....well, I am not gonna be too happy.

:mad:

7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,251ß
    Yep. Marinelli was playing with a paper thin DL of backups and still managed to put heat on a very mobile QB.
    So, it isn't all just "we lost Melton" (who wasn't playing all that well before he got hurt).
    Tucker is NOT doing a good job right now.

#47 MPbears68, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,739ß
    I sometimes wonder if Lovie pressured Emery for the Shea pick.

9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,251ß
    Be prepared to be pissed then because that's exactly what is gong to happen unless management gets their collective head our of their ass this February and starts developing Shea properly.

10. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Agree. I don't hate Shea because its not like he can control being misused (and never should have been drafted by a non 3-4 team) I was confident as soon as we made this pick that a 3-4 was in the near future but if it was going to happen it likely would have been this year. It just makes absolutely no sense and really pisses me off when you consider we took an olb to play de. He is failing and Chandler Jones (who we should have taken) is thriving.

• Like Like x 1