Collins won't change his approach despite new role

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Nakoma1, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Collins won't change his approach despite new role
    By Larry Mayer
    With defensive tackle Henry Melton out for the season after tearing his ACL in Sunday night's win over the Steelers, Nate Collins is expected to move into the Bears' starting lineup.

But that doesn't mean that he will alter his mentality. The fourth-year pro has already been contributing this season, recording seven tackles while part of a rotation at the position.

[​IMG]
    Defensive tackle Nate Collins is in his second season with the Bears.
    "Nothing really changes for me," Collins said Wednesday after practice. "I'm just going to be out there first when the game starts. I have to read my keys and continue to help this team win, stay in my gap and do what I do every week; just go out there and play hard, run to the ball and be physical."

That's exactly what Collins has done since signing with the Bears a year ago. Appearing in nine games last season, he compiled 13 tackles on defense and one stop on special teams.

On the Steelers' first possession after Melton was carted off the field Sunday night, Collins made plays on back-to-back snaps, registering a quarterback hit on Ben Roethlisberger and dropping running back Jonathan Dwyer after a two-yard gain
    CONTINUED ===========>

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ar...ew-role-/7b31e5e5-6a21-441f-82aa-e41b995614b9
  2. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    BRING IT ON ,..... NATE ! !
  3. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,228 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    150ß
    I think Collins will do well esp. vs. the Kitties. I also believe he can get better, perhaps not a high ceiling guy but certainly a solid player.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    It's gotta start somewhere and it's not like he doesn't know the system ,.. i like to see Peps, McClellin step up as well
    • Like Like x 2